{8} Truth? Maybe Not.

*Rylie*

"How's the food?" Alek asked me.

"It's amazing!" I said.

Alek wanted to take me on a date, and by that, he made me dinner. At a condo. His condo. An hour away from the apartment. God, these stupid vampires, and all their money. He made us sushi. I had never really had fish, but it's honestly good.

"So I wanted to talk to you about something..." Alek trailed off.

"What is it?" I smiled while playing with my necklace. He saw what I was doing and looked down at my necklace. He hesitated before speaking.

"Ahem. So..." He looked like he wanted to say something but quickly changed his words to say something else. I didn't think much of it so I just let him continue. "Um...your old pack. They've apparently moved. They aren't in this town anymore. Word has it the Alpha got into a turf war with another pack, so they aren't really coming back around here anytime soon."

I smiled. "That's amazing! That means I can go out freely, right? No more having to go out with one of the vamps anymore?"

He nodded.

"Yes!!! I'm going out tomorrow! Just for the fun of it!" I exclaimed. He chuckled at me with his handsome smile. "Oh! I almost forgot!"

I got up and walked to my bag that was on the floor near the front door. I opened my bag and pulled out a medium box. I made my way back to the table and slid the box over to him.

"I never gave you your birthday gift, so here it is."

"Oh my god. This is amazing. How did you get it? It must've cost a fortune." He said opening the box.

I shrugged. "A couple of thousand dollars but only the best for you. I noticed your last watch had stopped working so I looked for the best I could find. One that matched your aesthetics of suits and nice shirts." I blushed.

"Thank you so much." He leaned over the table to kiss me. It was a slow and cute kiss. I blushed even more when he pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine. I think I'm falling in love with this man.