{15} The Truth Revealed

*Rylie*

I made it to my room and I let the tears. I started pacing. I knew this was all too good to be true. Alek loves Dominik and he wouldn't change that just because of me. At that moment I hear the door open. I turned to see Alek walk in and started walking over to me. I looked and walked away.

"Rylie please." He said.

"Please what, Alek?! What could you possibly say that will change my mind about how I feel about you right now?!" I yelled.

"Rylie you have to understand-"

"No, Alek! I'm not going to understand whatever you want me to understand! I saw the way your face changed when Andreas said that Dominik was alive. You were happy and relieved. I'm not an idiot. You're clearly still in love with him." I said.

He stepped closer and looked down at me. "Rylie I love you."

"No! Don't do that! You can't just say you love me after you found out your ex-lover was alive and you were happy about it."

"I don't know what you want me to say Rylie!" he yelled back

I scoffed. "I want you to say you love me when you aren't still in love with someone else! I want you to be with only me. And as selfish as that sounds I don't care. Because I love you and I want you but I can't do that when you love someone else. I want you to only want me."

"Rylie you have to understand he was my first love." He says placing a hand on my cheek lifting my head up to meet his eyes.

"I do understand that. But can you tell me one thing? And answer me truthfully?" I ask. He nods. "Were you looking for him?"

He looks down at the ground and nods.

"For how long?" I ask.

"Since the day he supposedly died."

"What about when we got together? Were you still looking for him?" I ask.

"Rylie-"

"The truth, Alek."

He nods.

"You're really in love with him huh?" I ask.

He nods.

"Then I understand. I'll help you look for him." I say.

"Really?" He asks. I nod.

"And once we find him, you can bring him home."

"Rylie are you sure?"

"Yea I am," I said. "I'll help you find him, and once you bring him home, you two can live happily ever after."

"What?" he questions.

"Mhm." I nod. "You can go get him, but don't think that by the time you get back I'll be here. Because I sure as well won't be waiting for you to come home with another guy." I said with a bitter tone as I pushed him outside the door.

"Rylie please-"

"We're done," I said before slamming the door in his face.

I breathed out and let all the tears stream down my face. I slid down the door onto the ground and brought my knees up to my head and I cried myself to sleep that night. Just like I used to do.