{16} He's Back

*Eliza*

I stirred awake when I felt the door open. I opened my eyes and saw Rylie standing near the door with a cup of coffee. I turned to see that Sarah was gone.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Well, I woke up a little early and Sarah had gone to the store so I made tea. I wanted to give you some." He said kindly. He placed it on my nightstand before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I wanted to talk to you." He said.

I sat up and asked him about what.

"Alek," he said.

I frowned. "Look Rylie. I love you and I know we've gotten really close these past five months but I don't think it's my place to get in between you guys. You need to talk out your problems."

"I know. But can you at least tell me one thing?" He asks.

I nodded.

"Does he still love Dominik?" he asked.

"Rylie-"

"No Eliza." He said standing up and walking to the other side of the bedroom. "I need to know. Please tell me. I just need to know whether or not I'm wasting my time with someone who may or may not love me."

"He does love you, Rylie. He just has the history with Dominik." I said.

Rylie nodded and whispered thinking I wouldn't be able to hear. "Ugh, of course, he loves Rylie."

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said quickly. "Drink your tea." He smiled and I nodded.

I reached for the tea and grabbed it but my hand seemed to slip and the cup almost fell to the ground. In seconds Rylie super speeded to my side and grabbed the cup before it fell.

"Rylie? How did you- oh my god. Dominik." My eyes widened.

"Surprise." He smirked.

"What are you? How did you-"

"Oh save it. I just needed you to deliver Rylie a little message for me after you wake up." He said reaching for the pillow next to me. He placed it on my face and started to suffocate me. I yelled but he didn't stop. I couldn't fight him back either. He was way older and stronger than me. At that moment he whispered something in my ear before everything went black.

*Rylie*

I woke up early. Earlier than ever. It was only six in the morning. I seemed fine until all the memories of last night came rushing back. Alek. Dominik. Me. Then I got a weird chill. Like if someone was watching me. I turned around to see my window open. I got up to close it and then turned to see my closet door open. I closed that then too.

I then walked into the bathroom. I wanted to forget about everything so I stripped and stepped into the shower. I took a long hot shower.

I then got dressed in light blue jeans, a white shirt, and a light purple hoodie. I also put on some sneakers. As I closed my closet door I was going to go back into the bathroom to do my hair but then I heard a scream. I quickly opened my door and made my way to Eliza and Sarah's room. I saw Maggie, Alek, and Will about to open the door. I made my way over and kept my distance from Alek.

He noticed me but saw how I was trying to stay away from him so he didn't come near me. I stood next to Maggie and when we entered I saw Eliza with a pillow over her face and her window open with the curtains blowing. At that moment a 'woosh' came in and went straight to her side. It was Sarah.

"She's fine. She's just dead. She'll wake up in a few." she says.

A couple of seconds later Eliza wakes up gasping for air.

"Hey, you're okay," Sarah said.

Eliza turned to see us all but stayed looking at me. "Rylie?"

"Yea?" I ask.

She quickly grabs the pencil, the very sharp pencil I should add, from her nightstand, and shoots it over at me. I cover my face but it never hit me. I open my eyes to see Maggie's hand in front of my face holding the pencil.

"What the hell was that for?" I exclaimed.

"Just making sure." she sighed.

"Of what?" Will asked.

"Dominik. He was here. And he was pretending to be Rylie." she said.

"What?" Alek said. I rolled my eyes. 'Yay your lover was here, now go get him, Alek.' I thought.

Then a thought came into my head. "Eliza. What was he wearing?" I asked.

"Um, I don't know. A blue hoodie and sweats. He looked exactly like you, why?"

"When I woke up this morning my window was open. And then I saw my closet door open too. He was in my room." I said. I saw Alek's worried face from the corner of my eyes but I ignored him.

Eliza then started explaining everything. How he tried to talk to her about my relationship with Alek and the tea. Then she told us his message.

"He said that if Rylie doesn't leave Alek's life, he will kill him," she said.

My chest tightened. Then I quickly left and made my way to my room.

*Alek*

I followed Alek to his room and saw him pacing back and forth.

"Rylie," I said.

"Don't talk to me." he spat back.

"Please Rylie," I said.

"No. He wants me gone. Fine, I'll leave." he says.

I sigh, "Rylie. You can't leave. You're my mate and-"

"Mate?" He scoffs. "Wow. You don't get to call me your mate when you have someone else waiting for you. Someone you've been in love with for over four hundred years."

"Damn it Rylie! Just stop! Why can't you see that I still love you?" I say.

"Shut up! I do see that but I see you still love Dominik too. And you clearly love Dominik more. And I'm not just gonna sit back and watch you run after someone who faked their death and left you. So if anything, you should get your shit together and realize that he doesn't truly love you. He just wants you for his own pleasure."

"You don't know what you're talking about!" I yelled.

"Oh please. Once he hurts you, and you realize he doesn't really want you, don't come running back to me. I won't be waiting for you in open arms. I'd rather watch you get hurt than have myself be hurt by you and your new boyfriend." he snapped back before leaving the room.