{12} Helping Hand

*Alek*

"Did you guys miss me?"

We all turned to the door that slammed open. A black man stood at the doorway. Then...

"James?" I ask.

"In the flesh!" He grins.

The four of us run up to him and hug him while he laughs.

"James?" Eliza asks as she walks in. "How are you here?!" She exclaims as she runs to hug him.

"Well, I visit you guys all the time!" He smiles.

We all glared at him.

"Okay, so it's been a couple of years. But I have great news! You guys will never-" James stops when Rylie enters the room again. His facial expression changes. He uses his super speed and makes his way over to Rylie. Grabbing him by his neck and pinning him up on the wall.

"How the hell are you here?" He said through his clenched jaw.

Quickly Maggie and I speed out way over to James, us being the oldest, we could overpower James who was older than us all. We shove him off while Eliza comforts Rylie.

"Hey. Hey. Hey! It's not Dominik. It's not him!" I said.

He looked at me confused, "What the hell are you talking about? He's right there! He's back again!"

"No, it's not him. That Rylie. He's my mate. He's not Dominik." I said looking over at Rylie who was holding onto his neck breathing heavily.

"What are you talking about?" James asks.

"He isn't Dominik. They just look the same." Maggie says.

Will and Eliza help Rylie up and sit him in a chair while Sarah comes back with some water.

"So what's going on. How do you know he's not Dominik?" James asks.

"Well, he's human. Smell him yourself." Will said.

James walked over to where Rylie was sitting and smelled him from a distance. "Human...ish. He's healing quickly though. What is he?"

"Born a wolf without abilities other than a healing factor," Sarah answered.

"Fascinating. I've never heard of that..."

Rylie was still drinking the water looking anywhere but at James or myself.

"Hey, James? You knew a lot about Dominik right?" Maggie asked.

James nodded his head.

"Maybe you can help us. We need to know everything about him." Will says.

"Why?" James asks.

Eliza points to Rylie, "We'd like to know why they look exactly alike."

James shrugs and sits down. "I can give you a gist. It's been hundreds of years since he's died. I've forgotten about him until now. But I guess the main things are like he was born in Argentina. Sometime in the 9th century."

I looked over to see Rylie listening intently, wanting to hear every word James says.

"Around 1001, he had met Atticus Bane, an elder."

"What's an elder?" Rylie asked quietly.

"They're the original vampires. The first to ever roam the world. They are dead now, killed by enemies. But in 1001, Dominik caught diphtheria. He was dying and that's when Atticus had found him. He fell in love right away. At the time, mates weren't for everyone. Mates were still only for wolves. So Atticus only had feelings, nothing more. Once Dominik died, Atticus bit him to turn him. He took Dominik under his wing until he betrayed him. After becoming a vampire, Dominik's emotions were heightened like every other vampire, but not all of his emotions grew, only hatred." James explained.