{12} An Old Friend

*Rylie*

"Nothing in this book," Will says.

"Not this one either," Eliza says, throwing her book on the floor.

"Ugh! It's been three weeks and we have nothing. Nothing!" I exclaim.

"Rylie, calm do-" Alek began before I cut him off.

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down," I say pointing my finger at him. I know I shouldn't take my anger out on him, but I'm angry with him. For lying and everything. I know I said I wasn't but I think that was just to make myself feel better, and now I really know how I feel I guess.

"Please, Rylie." Alek pleading. He tried to reach for my hand but I quickly stepped away.

"I need some air," I said walking outside. But not before looking at Eliza, giving her a hint to follow me.

She quickly got up and followed me outside.

"Hey, how are you?" She asks.

I shrug. "I don't know. I don't want to be mad with him but I am. And I can't control it. He lied, Eliza. For two months. And I know that we weren't together for that long but this stupid mate bond made ye feelings stronger. That isn't even what bothers me, what bothers me is that I let him in. I let him into my feelings, and I haven't done that since I was 14. I was always too scared of being hurt again and so I completely closed everyone off. When the beating from the pack began. When the raping started. I closed the world off because I was too scared of getting hurt or betrayed. And sure he didn't do much, but something inside of me is telling me not to forgive him. Not yet at least."

She held my shoulder to comfort me and then pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry. I never knew about the raping." At that moment I realized that I had told her about almost everything. And I didn't care. I hugged her back and let the tears roll down. I was crying for no reason but it felt good.

When I finished I let go and sat on one of the patio chairs. And she sat next to me.

"What made you feel able to open up to me? How come since that first day, you trusted me. You trusted us all. How, if you were so closed off?" she asked.

"Because you guys saved me. You helped me with no question. And we became friends right away. I got so close to you, I haven't been this close with anything in years. You just remind me so much of my best friend." I smiled.

She smiled back before speaking again. "So what are you going to do about Alek?"

"I don't know. I just need some time to gather everything in my head. One day I'm a slave, then suddenly I'm dating a vampire, and then overnight I find out I'm mated to a man who had been mated with someone else who looked exactly like me. It's too much to take in."

"Hey. Don't worry. You'll make up. Don't worry." She smiled before walking back inside.

Should I just forgive him? What if he's lying about other things though? Is he hiding anything else?

*Alek*

"I need some air," Rylie said before walking outside. Eliza following behind him.

Ugh, this is all my fault. I turn back around to face Will, Sarah, and Maggie.

They all pretended not to listen and kept 'reading' their books.

"Just say it," I said walking back to my chair.

"We don't have a clue about what you're talking about." Will shrugged.

"Oh come on. It's been three weeks and none of you have mentioned my mistake. So go on. Let me have it."

"Well since you're giving us permission. I'll go!" Maggie said. "We told you Alek! We told you to tell him and you didn't. You lied to him for two months. Of course, he'll be hurt. He just learned that his mate had been in love with someone exactly like him over three hundred and sixty years ago. And-"

"Yea I know. It's just that I really like Rylie. And I ruined it. I know we'll be fine later, but it hurts me knowing that right now he can't even be in the same room as me because of what I did. I lied to him and he probably hates me." I said.

"He doesn't hate you," Sarah said.

Will nodded, "He just needs time. Yes, you lied to him but you guys are mates. He'll forgive you. He just needs time to get used to this new life. One day he is being treated like shit by his pack and then the next he is living with 5 badass vampires who love and adore him. He's like our little brother, not yours of course, but we love him. Just as much as you do."

"I-"

"Oh shut up. We know you love him. The way you look at him says it all." Sarah chuckled.

"Besides, he loves you too. But he's too scared to tell you. He doesn't want to get hurt." Maggie said.

We all look at her confused.

"Maggie?" Will asked.

"Hm?" she hummed.

"Have you been reading his emotions?" Sarah narrowed his eyes on her.

"Um....I- I...well...you see..."

We all chuckled. "It's fine Maggie. Just don't do it again. We can't be using our abilities on him just for our own entertainment." I said.

Just then the door to the library swung open.

"Did you guys miss me?"