X. Aphrodite Strikes Again

CHAPTER TEN: APHRODITE STRIKES AGAIN

You know you screwed up bad when the literal love goddess yells at you

"Ellie Dalton, I've been waiting to tell you off about this one!" She screamed.

Ellie cringed. She had been sleeping in her comfy, king bed when she was rudely interrupted by none other then Aphrodite herself.

She was currently pacing the floor of her loft, eyes blazing and waving her arms around like crazy.

"What?" She croaked, trying to rub the sleep from her eyes. It was way to early for this.

"You screwed everything up, I had a perfect tragic love story planned!"

The goddess shifted appearances rapidly, making her nauseous. Finally, she settled on a beautiful girl with brown hair and piercing blue eyes.

Her words got under her skin. Even if they had worked out, it would have been tragic anyway? That didn't encourage her to admit her love to him.

"Uh, sorry?" Elli knew how revengeful the goddess could be, but she was too tired to fully understand how rude she was being, and she honestly couldn't care less, which her curse impending upon her. She was surprised she had survived this long anyway.

Aphrodite stomped her foot like a kid having a tantrum. "Sorry isn't good enough. You two had something I hadn't seen in a long time, a sad, tragic love. It's the perfect kind!"

Ellie's cheeks flushed. "Your daughter is dating him now." She shot accusingly.

Aphrodite waved her hand. "Pssft. Oh, please! That was weeks ago! Think of a new excuse!"

Ellie's heart leapt. "You mean they're not together anymore?"

"Oh they're still together, but it's old news! You could pull them apart easily, dear!"

Ellie fell back into her bed, sighed. "I can't! That's like, really mean!"

Aphrodite groaned. "Don't make me possess you and make it happen myself."

Ellie shot up, eyes wide. "You can do that?"

She shrugged. "Never tried it, but shouldn't I be able to?"

Ellie rubbed her eyes, looking out the glass of the upper window of her cabin. She could still spot Connor out in a crowd in an instant, he stood by the pavilion with breakfast in his hands. Her stomach rumbled at the thought of food.

"Or," Aphrodite drawled out. The tone made Ellie look back at her nervously. Whatever her idea was, she had a feeling she wasn't going to like it.

"Or?" Ellie prompted.

"Make him jealous! He tried to make you jealous by dating Drew, so now you should as well!"

Ellie frowned. "Wouldn't that just push us further apart?"