XI. Poop Pile

CHAPTER ELEVEN: POOP PILE

Her day dragged on for ages, dread kicking in as it got closer and closer until she had to meet with Richard

Honestly, she was currently blaming everything at Aphrodite, not matter how much she was uninvolved.

Tripping in front of the whole camp? Aphrodite.

Having to do cabin inspections two weeks in a row? Aphrodite.

Stepping on a snake? Aphrodite.

Have to go on a dreadful date with a guy you don't even like? Aphrodite.

The problem was, she could actually blame the last thing on her. Aphrodite had been positive that no matter what happened with Richard, Connor would want her back. It was a desperate plea at this point, both of them were beginning to move on, but she just hoped that Aphrodite was right, for her own sake.

Dinner was dreadful as usual, sipping soup that had gone cold a while ago at a large table that she shared with exactly no one. She had her head propped up with her fist, leaning over the bowl. She stirred it absentmindedly, watching the noodles spin around.

All around her, campers laughed and talked loudly, leaving her to drown out into the background.

She cursed her mother's name under her voice, yet again. Harmonia probably wasn't happy with how disrespectful of a daughter she was, but Ellie didn't really care what her mother thought of her. She had ruined everything she had going for her, and she wished she was still unclaimed pretty much every moment of every day.

"Hey," A voice called. At first, she didn't even look in the direction, assuming the person was talking to someone else. "Yo, I'm talking to you."

Her head jerked up, her eyebrows knitting in confusion. In front of her stood no other then Richard Yorks, pretty much the last person that she wanted to see at the moment.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asked, but it wasn't a question. He slid into the seat across from her without waiting for a response.

"You're supposed to sit at your own table," Ellie found herself saying. She wanted to spent as little time with him as possible.

"Pfft. Do you take me for a rule follower, Dalton?"

Ellie shrugged, looking back down at her cold soup. To be fair, she couldn't care less if he was a 'rule follower' or not. He could be a bratty rule-breaker somewhere else.

"So," He drawled out, obviously trying for a conversation. "Are you excited?"

To do what? Stick her head down a toilet? Sure, that would be better then this. She kept that to herself.

"For what?"

"Our date, of course!" He exclaimed, tapping the table excitedly. He actually looked happy about it, so she shoved down the gulp building in her stomach.