XXXVIII. Norway

CHAPTER THRITY-EIGHT: NORWAY

When Leo Valdez reappeared from the sky, Camp Half Blood had a field day

Ellie was elated that the boy had made it back safe, along with the newly mortal goddess Calypso, flying on the back of Festus, the flying dragon. They had been missing forever, and the miracle that they had found camp was enough for her to be put in a good mood for a week.

She quickly grasped the idea that no one was as happy as her.

Nico commandeered a dispenser from the snack bar and carried it around, yelling, "The line starts to the left! Orderly queue, guys!"

"Is this really necessary?" Leo asked.

"Yes," said Miranda Gardiner, who had drawn the first number. She punched Leo in the arm.

"Ow," said Leo.

"You're a jerk, and we all hate you," said Miranda. Then she hugged him and kissed his cheek. "If you ever disappear like that again, we'll line up to kill you."

"Okay, okay!"

Miranda had to move on, because the line was getting pretty long behind her.

Ellie crossed her arms, standing to the side. She had no intentions of punching Leo. She glanced at the growing line, her eyes meeting Connor in line. She was pretty sure Connor had never spoken to Leo, he probably just wanted to punch someone.

Percy and Apollo sat at the picnic table with Leo and Calypso. She could feel the tenseness radiating off the table, and stayed clear. Besides, why would she involve herself that she had no place in? She wasn't a nosy person, and decided fairly quickly that she had no business talking to them.

"Hey, Ellie, why aren't you in on the fun?"

Ellie turned to face Will Solace, who looked out of breath, his cheeks flushed pink. In his hands was a roll of bandages that were tangled up.

Ellie shrugged. "Figured I'd let everyone else beat him up, seems like they've got it under control."

Will huffed. "Well, you know I can't! If I did, I don't think I could stop myself from punching a major artery."

"Oh, nice." Ellie said.

Will nodded, messing with his tangled bandages before he caught sight of Nico, and took off without another word.

She glanced up at the sun, which seemed to be working with it's usual master. She wondered if Helios had temporarily got his job back. It would have been nice, but knowing Zeus, it probably was not happening.

"Dalton!" Apollo's voice voice broke her out of her trance.

She glanced over at the bench with mild interest, raising an eyebrow at the outburst. What could they possibly need her for?