XXXII. Operation Save Collie

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: OPERATION SAVE COLLIE

Drew Tanaka never thought she'd see the day Connor Stoll cried

He had never meant for the situation to get so out of hand, but it seemed like it wasn't in his hands at all.

The day had started perfectly. Connor and Ellie always had border patrol together in the morning. Everyone knew that, even Drew.

So when she saw a furious Ellie Dalton storming out of the woods, eyes gleaming with unfiltered anger, she knew something was wrong. But it was Drew, she knew better then to get involved in anything that had to do with Connor Stoll. Still, it was gossip and she craved to know what happened.

Ellie was stalking across camp, headed towards the beach.

"Hey, Ellie!" Drew called sweetly. Ellie barely slowed, gripping her sheathed golden sword at her side. Drew hesitated, wondering if it was worth it.

Who was she kidding, this was definitely worth it. What had happened in the woods?

Drew snuck away from the Aphrodite cabin, who, through the help of Jason and Piper, were learning hand on hand combat. She had no interest in that, so she saw no problem following the daughter of Harmonia.

"Ellie!" She called again. "Wait up?"

"What do you want, Tanaka?"

The anger in her eyes startled Drew. Ellie was definitely not a someone that allowed people to walk over her, but Drew never remembered seeing so much ferocity in her gaze. It didn't fit her.

"What happened?" Drew asked innocently.

Ellie kicked a pebble. "Nothing. I mean, why does everyone assume that I do something wrong? Maybe it was Connor for once, ever think of that?"

Drew bit her lip, furrowing her eyebrows. Ellie didn't seem like herself at all. It was like talking to a completely different person. Ellie might have hated Drew, but she certainly didn't hate Connor and it worried Drew.

Plus, the sentence itself didn't quite male sense. Connor and Travis were the infamous troublemakers of camp, they were pretty much blamed for everything. Thankfully, it was usually their fault anyway.

"Of course. What...what did Connor do?"

Ellie rolled her eyes. "Gods, does it matter? I just want to be alone."

And with nothing more to say, Ellie continued her stomping down to the beach.

Drew was thoroughly confused. Seeing the brown-hair boy stumble out of the woods where Ellie had come from previously, Drew decided this was the priority: figure out what happened. Nothing interesting had happened for a while in the stupid camp, anyway.

"Drew!" Piper's voice called, causing the girl's head to turn. Holding back a long, drawn out groan, Drew trudged over to the counselor of the Aphrodite cabin.