XIV. Empty Cabin

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: EMPTY CABIN

warning: this chapter contains content that might trigger someone. please don't read this chapter if you're not comfortable with reading about sexual assault.

 please don't read this chapter if you're not comfortable with reading about sexual assault

It was only a week later that they finished Richard's cabin. Nyssa apologized, even if she didn't exactly know why. She probably thought it was a prank of some sort, Ellie was certainly infamous to those these days.

She nodded a greeting to Will as she plopped down at the Harmonia table for breakfast. She hoped that being extra nice to him, he would take her cast off earlier.

She hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night, not wanting to face her dreams since the stunt she pulled last night. Her eyes drooped as she tried to enjoy her stale cereal with her one arm. Quite pathetic looking.

She caught sight of Richard walking past the pavilion, but when he glanced at her, he walked away. He seemed like he was in hurry to get where he needed to go. Ellie frowned, he always wanted to near her as much as possible, to make sure she stayed in line.

She should have bathed in the time spent away from him. Perhaps it was stupid of her, but curiosity overtook her. She stood, placing her spoon in the soggy, stale cereal that make her want to puke, and snuck after her stupid boyfriend.

She found him fairly quickly. It wasn't like he wasn't even trying to hide it.

There he was, in the middle of a heated makeout session on top of Zeus' Fist with none other then Drew Tanaka.

Anger flared inside of her.

"Really?" She blurted. "Despite all the shit you put me through, this is how you repay me?"

Both of their eyes shot to Ellie's. Ellie motioned to her breast, telling Drew silently that her breasts were a tad exposed. Drew blushed darkly underneath her chalky makeup, scrambling her top back on, hoping off the boulder.

"It's not what it looks like." Drew squeaked.

Ellie laughed bitterly. She shouldn't have cared, Richard was horrible towards her, but they were still together. They were still supposed to be horrible to each other.

"That's the card you're playing, Tanaka? You're that desperate? Your boyfriend dumps you, and this is how you deal with it? Screwing my boyfriend?" Ellie shook her head. "I'm not fucking stupid, you bi-"

She froze when she made eye contact with Richard. He was leaned against the boulder lazily, not a care in the world. "Nah, Drew. She's right. It's exactly what it looks like."

Ellie clenched her jaw tightly. "Drew-" She seethed through closed teeth. "Get the hell out of here."

Drew didn't hesitate, darting off past her.