XI. Interrupting Sunday Dinner

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: INTERRUPTING SUNDAY DINNER

"Hyerion!" The voice cried again, this time much closer

The person remerged from between the two towering columns. It was a woman, wearing a gorgeous gown. It was covered from top to bottom in gleaming jewels, so bright that it was hard to look at with the gems reflecting off the bright sun. Her arms, neck, and ears were smoldered in golden jewelry. She wore an beautiful headpiece, her golden brown hair cut short, above her shoulders.

She froze when she saw the two teenagers standing in the center of the walkway up to the palace.

"You're not Hyperion." She frowned, her head tilted to the side. She continued growing near to them, and the closer she got, the more beautiful she seemed. Her features were virtually perfect, but Ellie would never tell Aphrodite that.

"No, we're not," Connor said in a bored voice. "What gave it away?"

Ellie smacked him. Just because she seemed distraught, didn't mean she couldn't just snap her fingers, and Ellie's curse would be the last of her worries. Thea was still a Titan.

She stopped in front of them. She was still frowning, her beautiful features were smeared by messed up makeup and knotty hair. It looked like she hadn't slept in years. For a Titan, that was quite possible.

"You mock me?" Thea's tone was teasing, but it wasn't necessarily hostile. For all the Titans and gods Ellie had experienced, Thea was in her top ten so far. No death treats had been exchanged, and it was already a solid minute into meeting.

"No!" Ellie said quickly, earning the Titan's attention. "I-we came here for your help, we heard the Great Thea can solve anything."

Thea studied her. Her eyes laid on Ellie's neck, and she took another step forward. She gently held the golden necklace in her hands. There was a envious glint in her eye, worrying Ellie for how far she'd go to get what she wanted.

"Interesting." She murmured. "So pretty and shiny. How much for the necklace, girl?"

Ellie swallowed a gulp that had rose in her throat. "Uh, that's actually why we're here. I need help, do you accept?"

Thea's eyebrows furrowed. "Heroes, coming for my help? Do you know where Hyperion is?"

Connor hid a snicker, but not well enough.

"What is it, hero?" Thea said widely, her eyes full of hope. She took a graceful step towards Connor, getting a little too close for Ellie's comfort.

"Hyperions gone, The." Connor spoke calmly, as if he wasn't speaking to a Titan. He even gave her a nickname. "Died in the Battle of Manhattan."

"No!" Thea cried, stumbled back with a wounded heart. "No, he couldn't have!" Tears began to fall down her cheeks, leaving more runny mascara lines.