XXX. Luminous

CHAPTER THIRTY: LUMINOUS

The end of the world began with a volleyball game

It had started as such a good day. The sun blazed down on Camp Half Blood, bathing the campers in warmth. It was a perfect example of the saying the calm before the storm.

Of course, impending war had been on the minds of many. Minds were anxious, and many campers were furiously training. It was hard to not see a weapon wherever your eyes were trained on. In the training mats, Sherman Yang and Ellis Wakefield were sparring as if it was life or death, stabbing so ferociously that if you hadn't known them, you would have thought they were actually trying to hurt each other. The rest of the Ares cabin was creating new landmines and bombs outside their cabin.

The Demeter cabin was supposedly creating a type of plant that could trap monsters. Miranda was throwing dirt at Travis, who was trying to talk to Katie.

The Athena cabin was restlessly coming up with a battle plan. Large maps were spread all around their cabin, since they ran out of space inside. Malcolm Pace was yelling at an Aphrodite girl who stepped on the corner of their battleground locations of Camp Half Blood.

Apollo's cabin was rushing to stock up on last minute medicine, making sure they had the maximum amount of everything. Will was running back and forth through camp, his arms full of glasses of ambrosia.

Hephaestus' cabin was hurriedly making new weapons, and handing them to the Ares cabin to distribute. They looked a tad bit wonky from the quick smelting, but they were still a weapon.

Aphrodite cabin was making glitter bombs and working on their charmspeak. Poor Nyssa had been a victim, who now was running around doing whatever Drew Tanaka wanted.

The Hermes cabin was working on traps. Well, most of them anyway. Travis and Connor were messing around, no surprise to Ellie there. She tried to ignore them, hyper fixating on making sure that she was prepared for war.

Her armor was slapped on crookedly, her Ceslestial bronze chest plate hung off of her chest to the side. Her hair had been thrown into a messy bun, but throughout the morning, most of the hair had fallen out. She had her trusty sword in it's scabbard, and her various knives hidden throughout her outfit, although she was still in her pajamas under her armor.

In conclusion, Ellie considered herself ready for the war that was bounded to come any day now. Her boyfriend on the other hand, she couldn't speak for. As she glanced over at Connor carelessly walking around, she felt a pang of annoyance. Connor couldn't take anything seriously.

Although, Ellie knew better then to blame him for that. Connor had been through a lot. Everyone dealt with the trauma differently, and he was no different. She knew that deep down he was worried, everyone was. Maybe he didn't show it to calm the others down, or to try to calm himself down.