XVI. Get Syrup Feathered

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: GET SYRUP FEATHERED

"Tell me again why you thought this was a good idea," Connor hissed to Travis

"My idea? This is on you, Connor!" Travis hissed back, peaking over the bush that the three of them were currently hiding under.

Long story short: they pranked the Ares cabin, and they had gotten them good. But now, they were trying not to get brutally murdered. They had planned this out for a while, placing the smoke bombs in the corners of the Ares cabin had taken lots of sneaking and distracting. After that, they had put buckets of syrup on the ceiling as they slept. Finally, feathers flew in from the windows with a fan.

It was a few months after Connor and Ellie had been official, meaning the summer campers were back. Percy and Annabeth had both given her a warm greeting upon arrival, as well as her other returning friends.

Now, the entire Ares cabin were stomping around camp, covered in sticky syrup and feathers hanging from every inch of them. They all had murderous looks in their eyes, which had been enough for Travis to yank them away and send them into hiding behind a bush.

"Where are you, Hermes crap!" Clarisse roared. "You too, Dalton! We know it was you!"

Ellie gulped nervously, sending a nervous look to Connor and Travis. All of them went pale, sweat dripping from Connor's forehead.

"How does she know?" Travis hissed.

"Did you tell her?" Connor asked Ellie.

Ellie shot a glare to him. "Why would I tell on myself? I'm just as dead as you guys!"

Travis let out a sharp gasp. "It was Julia!" He hissed.

"What?" Connor whispered. "How does Julia know?"

"She must have snitched! She was one of our distractions, remember?"

Ellie groaned. "We're dead!"

Connor put on a brave face, sticking out his chin and standing straight up. He buffed out his chest dramatically, his arms flexed. "I'll protect you," He promised in a deep voice.

Travis snickered. "Loser."

Connor whacked his arm and jumped out of the bush. Ellie and Travis popped their eyes over the bush to watch. Connor walked confidently to Clarisse, who was huffing actual steam. Ellie gulped, debating yelling to him to stop.

"Stoll!" She roared. Connor froze, gulping.

"That's me," He managed, a shaky laugh. "You called?"

Sherman was beside her, arms crossed. Ellie snickered at the sight of him covered from head to toe in chicken feathers. Slowly, she pulled out her camera.

"You did this?" Clarisse asked in a scary calm voice.

Connor nodded, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Get syrup feathered, punk!"