XXXV. One Legged Boy

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: ONE LEGGED BOY

They did not "talk later".

In fact, Connor never saw Ellie the next day.

After she had gone into the woods, Connor had been attacked by Kayla and Austin, until they finally managed dragged him away from chasing after her, and into the infirmary to stitch up his scalp. With turned out to be a horrible choice.

He voiced his concern to Chiron at breakfast, but no one seemed to worry until she missed Sherman's boot camp.

The Harmonia cabin was empty, and she was nowhere to be seen.

It took him a few moments to realize that she was missing. Missing missing.

He begged Chiron to let him look. The centaur refused to loose yet another camper, and then ordered a satyr to watch him in case he bolted for it. He was forced to focus on the stupid three-legged death race. Since Ellie had been his partner, he was now stuck with Paolo.

Despite half of the camp hearing their argument last night, most of them threw Connor sympathetic glances. Their relationship had been so perfect that it had become idolized. It was off-putting for them to argue. He didn't care, he needed to find her and apologize.

So after he and Paolo brought back one golden apple, he was about to burst with worry. He couldn't have her missing after such a big fight! He had never heard her so angry with him. He supposed she had had a point.

But then Paolo managed to get his leg sawed off. Connor screamed like a little girl, trying to get away from the one-legged boy, but they were tied together, so Paolo was just dragged along.

"Oh my gods!" He shrieked. He sprinted as fast as he could, grabbing the boys arm.

Paolo was between a shock state and a screaming fit. Connor dragged them out of the Labyrinth, his face was tinted green.

"Help!" He screamed. "Ew, oh gods! Will!"

Paolo the one-legged man was no help. All he did was scream and leave a trail of blood.

Luckily, Will found them. As soon as they were disconnected, Connor threw up in the closest bushes.

He stumbled into the Hermes cabin. He had been met with joking and laughter from Julia and Alice from their bunks. He glared at them hard enough that the girls shut up quickly, switching to hushed whispered. He was exhausted, angry, and worried.

Who wouldn't be worried? His girlfriend was missing, and the last thing that they had done was get in a huge fight.

He didn't fall asleep that night, and he didn't attend any lessons the next day. He contained himself to his bed, withering away with worry.

Sherman knocked on the door of the cabin after the boot camp had ended. He was still coated in sweat, and he wore a scary scar on his forehead that had been sliced open two nights ago.