𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

EPILOGUE!

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

THE SOFT MUSIC FILLS THE AIR AS THE TWO BLONDES DANCE AROUND THE ROOM. Around them are the people they care for most in the world — Jace, Annie, Katniss, Haymitch and even Johanna.

Her blonde curls are falling down her back in beautiful curls, something Annie had done before they had begun the ceremony. Elena's lips are stained a light pink, her lashes made longer with the mascara. She is wearing a light blue dress, one that greatly resembles the one she wore on her interview night for the Quell. Peeta adores the colour on her and so she thought to wear it.

Peeta has his hair styled so it's out of his face but not too pushed back. He's wearing a simple light blue tuxedo that matches the girl before him, the two of them deciding that it is something they wished to do.

Peeta's arms are wrapped tightly around her waist whilst her's are resting around his neck. They're staring into one another's eyes as if they're the only people in the entire world. Their sways are slow and almost subtle, moving to the sound of the music.

The boy grabs her hand and spins her about which makes her giggle and stumble back into his embrace. Peeta looks genuinely happy, for a moment forgetting about all of his past emotional scars and just look at the woman in front of him.

She's beautiful, everything he could want. Quite often he believes he doesn't deserve her and unknowingly to him, she feels the same about him.

Both have been through so much and yet on this very night, the two of them can simply enjoy one another's company as they become one — husband and wife.

The others watch them as they share their first wedding dance, expressions of happiness evident on their faces.

The only immediate family of the lot, Jace, swaying himself to the music, Annie encased in his arms with a ring sparkling on her finger. During their time they spent together, they'd grown incredibly close and for a while, they were both too afraid to pursue anything. It took a few years but they know Finnick would want to them both to be happy, to move on. So they did, with one another.

Standing beside Annie is her and Finnick's young son who looks like a spitting image of him. He has grown up hearing stories of his father and how he died fighting the rebellion, the very rebellion that ensures his future safety.

The three of them all live in Jace's home just beside Peeta and Elena.

As the music changes, Jace drags his fiancé onto the floor and they begin to dance beside his sister and her husband. Everybody else opts for talking to one another instead, not really wanting to intrude even though none of them would mind.

"I love you," Peeta mumbles as he pulls his wife closer to him, their lips almost touching as they bring their foreheads to press against each other's.

"And I love you," Elena breathes in response.

The husband and wife continue to block out the other people in the room, too caught up in one another to even care. One of Peeta's hands stray down to the girl's stomach, resting on the small bump that is beginning to form. His child - their child.

Their own little family is beginning to take shape. Elena and Peeta Mellark — their own forever, their own infinity.

NOTE!

I hope you enjoyed the ending to this story! There is another little part that will be published pretty soon (it's legit 3am but I wanted to publish these now!)