Boggarts

Y/n was so excited for her favorite class Defense against the dark arts. She came in to the classroom with a bright smile ready to learn. Y/n loved casting spells, when she was younger she would watch her parents do spells all the time.

She stopped Draco across the classroom, she hadn't talked to him for a while after the incident. She felt terrible for overreacting and insulting Pansy. She also starting avoiding Cedric, she knew she wouldn't be good enough for him. Draco smiled at her for the first time in days and waved her to come over. Y/n went across the Classroom to where Draco was.

"Hey Draco" Y/n said shyly trying to avoid eye contact with him.

"Hey Y/n" Draco said looking at the ground. They both wanted to ignore the incident a few days ago.
Y/n looked up at Draco and gave him a small smile.
Draco looked up and smiled back at Y/n, scratching the back of his head.

"Good morning class!" Professor Lupin said trying to get everyone's attention. But, instead everyone starting looking at the shaking wardrobe next to him. "Intriguing isn't it?" He asked. "Anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?"

Y/n raised her hand, "That's a boggart"

"Yes and what do boggarts look like" Professor Lupin continued to ask.

"No one knows. Boggarts are shapeshifters, they take shape of whatever a particular person fears the most, that's what makes them so terrifying" Y/n explained. Everyone gave each other scared looks.

"How did you know what" Draco whispered to her.

"I have been doing a bit of studying, you know you aren't the only smart one" Y/n replied back quietly gigging.

Yes Yes, but a very simple harm exits to repel a Boggart" Lupin said in response to the shocked and scared faces. Behind him the wardrobe started to shake this made him turn around. "Let's practice it now with out wands please, Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus" the class said together.

"Now let's do it one more time but louder."

"Riddikulus" the class said together again but louder.

"This class is Riddikulus" Draco complained, this made Crabbe nod in agreement.

Y/n overheard Draco and gave him a quick jab in the rib with her elbow. She started giggling when he turned around and made a anooyed face at her.

After Professor Lupin explained how the Riddikulus spell. He called up Neville to go first, Neville seemed nervous.

"Hello, Neville what frigtens you the most of all?" He asked Neville

"Professor Snape" Neville mumbled quietly, the class started laughing.

"Ahh yes, and i believe you live with your grandmother" Professor Lupin asked nodding in agreement.

Yes and i dont want that Boggart to turn in to her either" he said nervously, this made everyone laugh again.

"No it wont. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly in your mind" he told Neville, Neville nodded.

Professor Lupin went over to Neville and whispered something in is ear. Then, Neville took out his wand getting ready for the boggart. Then, Professor Lupin used his wand to open the wardrobe door.

Professor Snape came out of the Wardrobe, this made Neville nervous then, he swished his wand and said "Riddikulus". Then, Professor Snape was spun around and dressed as a old lady. Everyone started bursting out in laughter.

"Okay Neville to the back everyone form a line" Professor Lupin said.

Crabbe, Goyle, Blasie, and Pansy pushed to the back of the room. Meanwhile Draco pulled Y/n while pushing people to get to the back.

"Mind your Manners Malfoy" Y/n groaned, she was tired of Draco not even knowing how to say "Excuse me". Draco looked back at her and rolled his eyes.

After a few people went it was Harry Potter's turn. He stepped up and suddenly the Boggart turned in to a Dementor it started flying closer to Harry.

Y/n put her hand on her mouth and grabbed the thing nearest to her, after the incident at the train she was deathly scared of Dementors. She dug deep in to what she was holding with her long nails. Then, Professor Lupin stepped in front of harry and the boggart changed in to a moon. He shot the spell at the moon it turned in to a balloon that flew across the room and back in to the wardrobe.

"Sorry about that" Professor Lupin said worriedly. If you all like to collect your books from the back that's the end of the lesson"

Y/n let out a sigh still holding on to the thing she had grabbed. She heard a whimper from Draco, she turned her head to see her holding Draco's unbroken hand. He looked at her,slightly blushed. She took her hand off of his and saw marks. She looked at his hand carefully.

"DRACO... I am so sorry" Y/n said worriedly. She gave Draco's hand a light peck like they used to. "See all better now" She looked back up at Draco and giggled. She noticed his face was very red. Then Pansy grabbed Draco's unbroken arm and kissed him on the lips. Pansy kept giving smirk looks at Y/n. Y/n thought Pansy had forgotten they were still in the classroom, Y/n awkwardly looked at Professor Lupin as she hurried out quickly.