13

After eating with Liam and his brother talking about how training was, how extremely weak I am and Logan making some comments about Liam, a dog, and a leash I didn't quite get, Liam, walks me and my pink bike home. 

It's funny because I live two blocks away from him, this is the safest neighborhood in town, and it's just 6 PM, it's not even dark, but he insisted on taking me home himself to make sure I'm safe.  

So here we are walking, he holding my bike with one hand and the other wrapped around my own. I'm sure that if someone would see us they would think we are a couple, but I am not sure how I feel about that. 

I like Liam or at least, Liam's body, but I barely know anything about the guy. I know he takes kickboxing classes since forever, I know he can become wild as an animal when he's angry, that he's extremely sweet and caring with me, and like to tease me. But I also know he's a player, he doesn't do relationships and he has a type that doesn't fit me. 

I am a helpless romantic, I believe in true love, dreamy dates, butterflies in the stomach, little gestures that show how much you love the other. I dream about receiving flowers, maybe even a sweet note or text, about being the one putting a smile on a guy's face, that he would look at me like his whole world would start and end with me. I want commitment, relationships, holding hands in public, kissing in public, letting everyone know we love each other. 

And we might hold hands right now, but he was honest with me always, he told me he sees me as a friend and he told me he doesn't do relationships. 

"What are you thinking about that makes you frown?" Liam asks looking at me with a dark gaze.

"I was thinking I don't know much about you, that you know a lot about me, but I found out you take kickboxing classes since you were 6 from my father."

He laughs squeezing my hand making my cheeks go red and my inside warmer. It's so hard to keep on remembering he only wants to be my friend, that I can't think otherwise about him.

"We've met three days ago, cookie, we might feel like we know each other for much longer, but we don't. "

I nod seeing his point, happy to hear I am not the only one of us who feels like we know each other since forever. It's funny that in only three days I've come to really appreciate Liam's presence, friendship, and help. I feel so safe when he's around me.

"What would you like to know about me?"

"What?"

He stops walking forcing me to stop too, he pulls me closer to him, supports the bike with his leg, and puts both his hands on my face so I have to look straight into his eyes.

"Tell me what would you like to know about me and I will tell you. Come on, don't be shy."

I focus on things I would like to find out, like why did he started kickboxing, what are his favorite classes, what's his favorite food, drink, color, movie, book, or game. I want him to tell me who his best friend is, what type of music he listens to when did he had his first kiss, his first time, his first date. But instead of asking any of this, I find myself asking:

"Why don't you do relationships?" He takes his hands out of my face, placing them on my hips causing my stomach to feel funny like it's twisting. 

"I simply don't, cookie. I get easily bored with the girls around me and, honestly, once I have..." 

He stops searching for a way of telling me the "s" word without actually saying it. I've noticed that with him, every time I'm around he never swears or talks about sex, he is always censoring himself.