44

The house was quiet and dark like there was no one home, but mom's car was parked in the front yard so she must be sleeping. She needed me and, honestly, I needed her, but considering I feel exhausted after today, I can only imagine how is she. We have a lot to discuss how things are going to be around here now, what she should do to get the divorce, about the house, I needed a job to help with expenses... But we have plenty of time to do it, for now, all we both need is some good sleep. 

"Do you want something to eat before bed?" Liam asks as I close the front door behind us, leaving the key there is it could not be opened from outside anymore.

Closing the door so dad would not be able to open it if he would try is something I never in my life thought I would be doing. And yet, here I am... I don't know exactly why, but I have a bad feeling when I think about him, I feel like he's a stranger to us now. Honestly, I am not sure we ever really knew him at all, more like we knew some parts of him that he wanted to share, but deep down, at his heart, we never got the chance to met him. 

"No, I don't, but you need to eat." grabbing his warm hand as I walk him to the kitchen. He sat at the table as I opened the fridge to see what were his options for dinner, but unfortunately, he didn't have many. "How does frittata sounds like?" I ask as I take out of the fridge some eggs, red pepper, cheese, and salami, together with an onion and two potatoes from the pantry. 

"Will you cook for me, cookie?" Liam's cocky smile appears on his face as he pours some coffee for both of us, which is funny because when we met he was definitely not drinking so much coffee as he does now. I think I am a bad influence on him.

"Yes, I will," I say as I grab the cup from his hand taking a sip enjoying the black liquid that seems more vital for me than water. "I need some kind of normal and cooking always relaxed me so... Frittata?" 

"Sure. Tell me what to do." 

"You just sit down and keep the phone close in case I end up burning the house." I am just half-joking about it, I will definitely not burn the house, maybe just the kitchen.

Liam laughs and does as I asked drinking his coffee in silence watching me as I wash the vegetables and start cutting them into tinny little pieces. I place a big wok on the hob waiting for the oil to get hot enough before tossing my beautifully cut ingredients. As those are cooking I start chopping stuff for a salad to go with the frittata and I get so lost in these simple actions that for a moment or two I actually forget today. 

I end up humming a song that I used to hear always on Criss's playlist, "Sweet child of mine", as it was one of her favorite songs from Guns N' Roses, and feel light and thankful for the simple fact I exist, that mom exists, that this amazing guys that don't take his eyes of me exists. I am thankful that at least we found out what dad did, that I got the chance to talk with Tiffany, that she wants to try and know each other.

She's got eyes of the bluest skies

As if they thought of rain I'd hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain Her hair reminds me of a warm safe placeWhere as a child I'd hide And pray for the thunder and the rain to quietly pass me by

Whoa, oh, oh Sweet child o' mine

"Done," I say with enthusiasm as I turn to face a very smiling Liam that has a strange glow in his dark big eyes. "What?" I sound more like the normal me as I place the plate in front of him full of frittata and salad, feeling quite proud of my work. 

"You really are one of a kind, cookie. Your this incredibly strong woman with a heart made of pure gold, that somehow manages to keep her head up even in the darkest days." he leans in taking my hands in his as I take a sit in front of him, he places kisses on each of my palms, his lips feeling hot and deliciously wet on my skin. "I admire you so much and I am extremely proud of you. And babe, if you know how to cook too, I promise I will marry you right here and now."