34

Liam tucked me in bed the second we got into the house starting to spin around our room like he was training for some kind of competition. Brought me comfy clothes, another painkiller, massage my injured knee with a cream that makes my skin burn, and made me a huge cup of coffee, before moving one of the TVs in the house in our room so we could watch something together before falling asleep. 

Can anyone believe I made him watch TVD with me? He hates it, even though he didn't even try to watch it, as soon as I mentioned vampires, werewolves, and love story Liam was quick to judge it. I remember his words were 'chick show', but I promised myself I will convince him to give it a try.

"How on earth can you like this guy?" Liam asks when we have ten minutes left from the 4th episode referring to Damon, who is drinking Caroline's blood trying to kill her. 'Actually, why would anyone like any of these guys? They are cold-blood murderers."

Pausing the video I turn to face him to explain. "Well, you see, both of them are doing all this crazy stuff trying to protect Elena, who they both love. Stefan is a good guy, but even if Damon is the bad one it is romantic to see that he is ready to do anything to keep Elena safe, even if he knows he will not have her."

Liam puts his hands on my cheeks looking into my eyes with a cocky smile that makes my skin feel way warmer than I would like to admit. "So, my sweet Nataly always had a thing for villains... And here I am, thinking I made you change your mind about bad boys." 

"You're not a bad boy, Liam," I say kissing his lips quickly. "You never were bad with me, you were a little mean with me the first day we met, but even then you apologized for it. Liam, no one ever was so good to me as you were."

"Hey, baby, please don't let anyone hear you say that. I have a reputation to keep, ok?" He says joking as he caresses my cheeks. 

"Why did you? What made you so nice to me?" 

My question takes him by surprise and for a second I am sure he will make another joke, that he will not take it seriously even if I would love to know what made him be like that with me. He once told me he didn't know what was about me that made him want to be my friend, I am curious to know if he figured it out.

Liam takes my hands into his smiling as he says with a surprisingly serious voice. "You did" kissing my lips he then explains. "You were different than any other girl I ever met before, you were not trying to have my attention, you were nice to me, even if I made you feel uncomfortable and been a jerk, and you were honest and good." Liam lifts me, making me sit between his legs with my back pressed against his chest before speaking again. "Since the first moment we met I felt this thing in my chest like my heart was going to explode, my brain felt like it was fried, and when Tiffany told me 5 minutes later that someone will mess with you... God, Nat, I never felt that angry in my life before. I wanted to break that idiot's neck so bad, I felt this urge to protect you at all cost, to put you on my shoulder and take you out of there."

"Hmm..." I say turning with my eyes wide open like I just had a revelation. "I never pictured you like a caveman before."

"Really?" Liam says laying us down on the bed and spins me around so he is now on top of me, his eyes darkened with lust. 'You know what they say about cavemen?" I shake my head blushing, my heart already speeding up feeling the familiar weight of his body on top of mine. "We are amazing kissers, cookie, may I show you?"

The fact that he keeps asking for my consent even if we already made out more than once, that he never does anything before making sure he doesn't misread my signs makes him even sexier. And knowing he will never do anything I am not comfortable with, that he will always stop if I say so makes me feel more confident, more ready.