Basketball

Taenwang's POV

One of my high-school friends Yaanxi contacted with me last night. Since he has come to our town I insisted him to meet me before college hour.

I keep waiting for his arrival at an alley near our college.Someone pats on my shoulder I turn left and smile seeing my childhood buddy Yaanxi.

"Hey Yaanxi! What's up?!, I ask giving him a fist bump.

"Taenwang! Long time no see!!How have you been? "

"Quite well", I shrug.

Meanwhile a couple of girls pass by our side as always my love Alarm rings.

"you're the Popular guy as always"

"How about you? How often does yours ring?" I ask him dragging him by his shoulder from his left side.

"My one will ring like crazy if I download. In fact I'm waiting for my childhood crush", he says blushing.

"You might get something magical if you keep waiting.."

He nods.

After awhile YaanXi looks on the other side of road and yells chuckling, "Irene My neighbour!!"

I frown at him being perplexed before I turn left and notice Irene near us making her way to college. I wave at her. She heads in our direction waving back at us.

"Both of you are neighbours? I often visited your home but never noticed her!"

"How can you not notice her? She's pretty and cute", says YaanXi

"She's unnoticeable"

"As if you are noticeable", speaks out Irene.

"I'm the Popular guy", I reply crossing my fingers across my hair.

"You are duffer", says Irene.

"You witch"

"You dumb"

"You cutie"

She looks at me wide eyed. It's so much fun to tease her at first then to offer her hints that I like her. Hehe.

"Looks like you became good friends",says YaanXi

"Unfortunately yes", I sigh.

"We are NOT good friends we are just history classmates", corrects Irene.

Ouch!!

She doesn't even consider me as her friend. 💔

It hurts my heart.

Sorry.

Ego*

"Ain't you late for college?", asks Yaanxi to Irene.

"Yeah! So?"

"OMFGGGGG!!HOW CAN IRENE THE GOOODDDD GIRRRLL BELATE FOR COLLEGE!? !", I sarcastically tease her in a girly tone.

"Wtf!?" she asks narrowing her eyes.

"You mean Wednesday Thursday Friday?", I ask.

"No silly.What the fuck is wrong with your voice?" she starts to laugh loudly.

I have nothing to do other than rolling my amazing pair of eyes. Why doesn't she like me at all? What's there to not like anything about me? Both neighbours (Yaanxi and Irene) start to talk with each other which I can't listen since I lost myself in her mesmerising eyes. Wind blows a strand of her hair infront of her forehead covering her eyes. She uses her hand to move her hair back from her forehead making me more amused.

When I stare at her I feel like I'm in a different world. There is a different aroma. Everything in this world seems to be dark other than Irene. She's the one sparkling like a star.

Someone snaps fingers in front of my face causing me to blink.

"She told you something", says Yaanxi.

"I don't find it important to listen to her stupid blabbers." I shrug my shoulders and make my way to court placing my hands in pockets.

Match time

The stadium has been fitted with sitting for near about 500 spectators.
We have a tough opponent this time.
Spectators are cheering us from the stadium.

Game starts.

I advance the ball to a teammate bouncing it up and down.

A few moments later a teammate passes the ball to me while I grab it and speed towards the basket.

An opponent tackles me grabbing the ball from me and scores point.

We won't be accepting defeat since we practiced intensely.

I keep recalling Irene's words. She told me to not remain stressed.

____________

Our points started racking up. I jump grabbing the ball after I notice the ball advancing in my direction. I slam the ball into the basket.

Time period expires.

We scored the highest number of points.

We won!!!

My teammates head towards me and gives me fist bumps.

I glance at the overjoyed spectators applausing.

My eyes start to look for Irene in the crowd.

I chuckle the moment my eyes reach at hers.

She gives me a major thumbs up. I notice excitement in her eyes. ❤️