Sky Lanterns

Irene's POV

I wake up by the sound of birds chirping. I don't remember when I slept leaning against the tree.Taenwang still sleeping resting his head over my shoulder. He looks so innocent while sleeping. I can see Rescue team heading towards us. Thankfully we are safe now.

Nudging Taenwang's arm I tell him to wake up.

"No Zedd.please let me sleep", he blabbers in a sleepy tone cradling me around his arms.

"Hey STUPID!", I shout at him pushing him away.

He gives a perplexed expression at me, starts to blabber.

"What are you doing inside boys dorm? How could you  climb upto the third floor of our dorm. Supervisor will kick you out.. Ouch.."

I cut him off slapping him on his head
"You high?! WE ARE LOST IN JUNGLE!!"

He snaps back to reality blinking.

Rescue Team arrives and takes us to the camping site where everyone is.
I join Kiki while Taenwang joins Lee. Kiki takes me in tent and applies ointment to my leg.

Kiki's eyes are still watery. She seems to be agitated as I was lost.

"I wanna ask you millions of questions right now" says Kiki.

"Go on"

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"Not really. I feel dizzy"

She looks at me wide eyed.
"Are you..."

"What?"

"Pregnant?"

"No! Bullshit!"

"Why do you feel dizzy then?"

"I'm still sleepy and tired"

"Are you sure!? I mean it's nothing
unusual to..."

I cut her off. "I'll beat the crap out of you bitch"

"Calm down.take rest"

After waking up I check my phone and notice a missed call from Taenwang. I call him back.

"Are you gonna stay inside tent forever?", asks Taenwang.

"What else can I do?"

"Should I come to carry you once more?"

"No thanks"

"Don't miss tonight's celebration."

     💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

I'm astonished by the decoration they made. Glitter and lights illuminating all around. For a whimsical look trees are lit with  merry and bright fairy lights. A series of vibrant orbs are strung lending a romantic atmosphere.

I head towards the edge of Lake. Taenwang follows me mumbling near my ear. "Do you feel better now?"

"Way more than better"

Both of us sit at the edge of Lake.
Taenwang takes a lantern suspended by fairy lights in his hands. The light falls in his beaming face. He drops the lantern into the lake.

Glowing lanterns begin to shine magically in the lake.

"Don't stare at me like that. You pervert!", Taenwang hisses at me.

Damn it.

Why does he always catch me staring at him? -_-

"I wasn't staring. You have problems in your eyes as well as brain."

💫💫💫

"You know what I used to imagine when I was a kid?", asks Taenwang breaking a peaceful silence.

"What?"

"That the sky Lanterns convert into stars after reaching high above the sky"

"Nothing in life ever happens like we imagine it will", I sigh.

"Are you quoting Paper Towns?"

"Yup. You read books?"

"I have read only this book throughout my entire life."

"Books are lovely"

"Books are boring"

"You are boring!"

Suddenly he changes his face expression. From smiley he converts his expression into a serious one. He slowly comes near me. His eyes flicker down to my lips. I freeze allowing him to kiss me if he wants to do that.

We were about to kiss but the sudden sound of firecrackers bring us back to reality.

He quickly pulls himself away. I gaze down at the lake.

Fabulous fireworks begin to display over the lake. Reaching at a certain height firecrackers explode. Finally sparks are seen dispersing here and there.

"Beautiful!" I say in wonder.

"Beautiful like You"

I start to blush.

The last part of celebration is launching sky Lanterns. Suspending fire at the bottom hundreds of sky Lanterns are launched.

They keep floating in the sky illuminating the eternal decent sky.

Closing my eyes I make a wish.

I wish to stay with the person next to me forever. ❤️💫

SharihaHossain7  Thanks to the Queen of imagining Romance once again❤️❤️❤️❤️