29

My team arrived with all the information we needed on Chloe Donaghy.

We found Declan.

Doyle's dead.

My team and I have been officially suspended from Interpol for a period of time that is yet to be decided.

Spencer's and his team were also suspended for a period of time that is yet to be decided.

We've been sitting before the Senate Committee since 9 this morning.

It's now 4pm.

"You agents took many unprecedented risks. None were approved. The DIOG has rules and you chose to ignore every single one of them. That's blatant disrespect to your agency, and to authority of law in general. You are all criminal analyzers, profilers like the B.A.U, and yet you find nothing wrong with your own behavior. Agents Matthews, Rivers, Morales, Marchand, Turner, and Jacobs, you are dismissed. Dr. Reid, we are not finished with you yet."

My team leaves all with encouraging glances in my direction as I'm left alone with the committee.

"Your behavior during the 11 months you have been on medical leave has left your entire agency completely stunned and bewildered, Agent" the Chair begins but I shake my head.

"During my 11 months of medical leave, I took down two heads of prominent mafia families in New York with the help of the BAU and the approval of my Director and theirs. I took on Ian Doyle, on my own, after I was informed that members of the team I was brought into, JFT-12, were being hunted and killed. Agent Prentiss was taken and, as the agent who brought me on and my friend, I felt it was my obligation to save her if I could. Now, between my own team and the BAU we took down 4 international criminals and saved the life of an innocent young boy in the process. I will not hold that over your heads because when I joined Interpol I swore an oath to ensure and promote the widest possible mutual assistance between all criminal police authorities, and to establish and develop all institutions likely to contribute effectively to the prevention and suppression of ordinary law crimes. I will not hold my achievements over your heads, but I do ask that my team be reinstated because they were simply acting on my orders. I take responsibility for my actions and I accept the actions you decide to take, but Sloane Rivers, Michel Marchand, Paola Morales, Garrett Turner, Beau Matthews, and Kathryn Jacobs only provided me with information I coerced them into giving me by using my authority to demand it."

#

The BAU was reinstated.

Emily was given her job back.

My team was reinstated, as well.

Me included.

I'm now sitting before Chief Monroe and the heads of my office to go over the results of my psychological evaluations.

Dr. Alessandra Reid showed an extraordinary amount of resilience following the traumatic events that have transpired since May 27, 2010. She has developed healthy habits for releasing pent-up aggression such as kickboxing, meditation, and yoga. Dr. Reid has repaired her relationship with her brother and begun a new one with Supervisory Special Agent Aaron Hotchner of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit.

"I never mentioned that last part" I correct and Chief Monroe raises an eyebrow at me as he explains "No, but members of the BAU were also interviewed for your evaluations and each of them said the same thing." His eyes go back to my evaluation and my jaw clenches as I practically hear the team laughing in my head.

She has stated that she is leaving her past in the apartment she lived in with former husband Jared Newsome and is actively searching for new property to start again. Besides obvious underlying familial issues, it is my opinion that Dr. Alessandra Reid is more than fit to rejoin her team and work on the field once again.