I had woken up extra early today because I wanted to take my time with my appearance and of course get Max ready for school. I was currently dressed in a black tee with a short black leather skirt, and a black ankled boots with a blue denim jacket.

I didn't want to do too much with my makeup so I just did a winged eyeliner and lipgloss

I didn't want to do too much with my makeup so I just did a winged eyeliner and lipgloss. After I was satisfied with the way I looked, I headed downstairs to make breakfast.

I had dropped Max off at school and I had just gotten to school, I had ten minutes to get to the dean's office to get my schedule for this semester before heading to class. Luckily, I already knew my way around the school so I knew exactly where I had to go. After I had gotten my schedule, I was heading towards my first class, when I heard someone ask

"Oh my God, Sam, is that you?"

I turned around and saw Hannah, Hannah was pretty with her long auburn hair, and her long legs that went on for days. She was one of the first friends I made at Monash University; we were group partners on a project and ever since then we became close, we'd have sleepovers at each other's house but things when downhill after everything.
"Yeah, hey Hannah", I said awkwardly

"Um hi, it's good to have you back and I'm sorry about how things ended between us"

"uh thanks, I have to go" I shrugged and with that I headed to my class. I really had not thought about what I'd say if I saw any one of them. I had actually hoped that I'd be able to avoid them for a while because we wouldn't have the same classes since I had to stop school for a while but I guess luck wasn't on my side.

I managed to avoid seeing any other "ex"friends. The rest of my classes passed by in a blur, most of my teachers recognised me and would always give sympathetic looks and I hated it, I hated when people looked at me like that, because it just made me seem weak, and if anything, I was far from that.

After my classes I headed home, classes were great in general, the students from my class didn't seem to know who I was, which was a relief because I just wanted a normal relationship with people now, I didn't want people taking to me because they felt sorry for me, I wanted people to talk to me because they wanted to. It'll feel really good if I had other people to talk with except Mason and Max.

I had been ignoring Richard's calls and texts after my outburst that night, it''s just weird that after all these years he decides to actually "do something right". In all honesty, I wanted those who killed my parents to suffer the same fate my parents did but I was scared, and I really wanted to talk to someone about it but I didn't know who. I've always felt the need to keep my issues to myself because I didn't want to burden people with my problems but just this once I wish I could be selfish about that and just vent to someone.

"This is really good Sarah", I'm currently at Jones and Sarah's, I figured if I had to talk to someone about all of this, Sarah was the best option.

"Thank you dear, so what's bothering you?, I know you didn't come all the way here just to eat Macaroni and cheese". She says while we're clearing up the kitchen.

"You know me too well" I state giving her a faint smile.

"I'll make us coffee then we can talk"

I honestly didn't know the reason why I wanted to talk to Sarah about it, it's probably because at this point, I'm tired of being alone and because I also needed to make a decision, whether to join Richard and go after those who killed my parents or pretend to actually be a normal college student and get on with my life but deep down, I knew I could never really get on with my life without facing the truth but I really was too scared to admit it.

"Okay, so what's going on?" Sarah asks after handing me a cup of coffee

"I found out about what really happened the night my parents died" I blurt out

"What? tell me everything"

And so I do, I tell her about the day I met Richard, everything he said about my mother and his plan to go against the killers, in order to continue with the research and also the fact that he wants me to help. After I was done talking, Sarah didn't say anything she just kept on looking at everything except me, and I was beginning to regret saying anything to her.

"I can't imagine how you must feel Sam, this is a heavy decision to make" she finally says

"I know, that's why I'm here because I don't know what to do. There's Max that I have to think about, I'll literally die if anything happened to him but at the same time, my parents are dead and I really just want their killers to pay for that. And I feel like until I do that, I can't really move on with my life."

"Oh honey, I think you've already made a decision, what happened with your parents was inhumane and if you think going against their killers would make you move on then do it"

"But I'm scared, I don't think I'm actually strong or brave enough to do that", I say

"Well, you have Richard with you, and if there's anything I've learnt these past years, it's that you are the bravest person I know, and based on what I've heard about your mom, she believed that too. And as for Max, he can stay here until you are done with everything, we both know Jones won't let anything happen to him."

"Thank you Sarah for everything, I'm so grateful for you."

"Oh dear, it's no problem"

"I have to go pick up Max from school" I tell her as I begin to head out.

I guess I already knew what to do next.

Thanks for reading!! Please like, comment and share✨