SAM'S POV

Max had been excited when I told him about movie night, he was mostly happy we were leaving the house tonight. It was 5:45 and I went up to my bedroom to get dressed. I was wearing a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of high wasted jeans, my hair was in a sleek ponytail. It was 6:15 when I was done dressing up.

"Max, we gotta go", I yelled

"Coming" he yelled back, he was wearing his favourite red sweater and a black jeans. 

We arrived at Kayden's ten minutes later, the house was huge.  It was the kind in which most  kids dreamed of growing up. Secluded among trees, it had gables, dormers, balconies, a screened-in front porch, a free-standing garage.

I rang the doorbell with Max holding my hands and we hear footsteps approaching, a brunette  who I'm assuming is Kayden's sister opens the door, she and Kayden looked very much alike except she had a wider nose, she was pretty and her smile was pretty too. The house was extravagant, instead of vast expanses of cheap drywall and mountains of ungainly furniture, the house was constructed of limestone, bronze and very exotic woods. How rich were these people?

"Hey, you must be Samantha, I'm Kianna"

"Hi Kianna, this is my brother Max, thanks for having us" I say

"Oh please come in" she says, behind her is Kayden and his other sister, the sisters looked like twins except Kianna was taller and more curvy, her hair was straighter and longer. Kayden was looking more casual in a grey sweatpants.

"Hey, I'm Kara, Kayden's favourite sister, you're pretty"

"Oh, thank you", I say smiling

Kayden walks over to Max, and gives him a handshake. "Thanks for letting me hangout with your sister, Max"

'It's okay she promised me ice-cream. You're really tall" Max responds

"I like him already" kayden says smiling "thanks for coming" he shifts his gaze towards me

"Sure". After introductions were made, Kayden was with Max playing games and Kianna had gone to get us drinks while Kara had gone to her room to get dressed up.
So I was left checking family pictures hanging around, and then suddenly my eyes spot Zach Smith, the owner of Smith laboratories; he was Kayden's dad. Omg that's why Kayden looked so familiar. I stood there frozen, my legs suddenly turned to jelly. I must have done something wrong in my previous life because what were the odds that the first guy to take an interest in me in forever was the son of the man who had my parents killed. 

"Hey, are you okay?" I turn around and see Kayden.

"Is that your dad?", I point at the picture hanging on the wall

"Yes, that's him. Is everything okay?" he asks

"Yes, I'm just hungry" I lied

I couldn't focus on the movie, I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I mean this could be a good thing, I had easy access to one of the people that had my parents killed, but then I had no idea how to go about it or act around Kayden. I could feel a headache forming, Kayden kept asking if I was okay and I'm already running out of lies to give.
Max was already asleep on Kayden's leg, they had played video games all through. I could tell Max liked him already. What if Kayden knew who I was, that's why he was so interested in me, and even invited me over. I was thinking too much, I needed to sleep it off and think later.

The movie was over and everyone was asleep except myself and Kayden, he gently strolled over to me trying not to wake anybody up.
"I'm sorry I had everyone over, if that's what putting you in a mood" he said

"Oh no, I've just had a stressful day, I had fun today, thanks for having me over"

He just smiles and reaches for my hand

"Are you and your dad close?" I blurt out, he takes a minute before responding

"No, we never have been. He has tried to control me my entire life. He wants me to follow in his footsteps, become a scientist like he is and I want nothing to do with that, I mean I'm grateful for the life I've always been comfortable but I just want to be my own person, you know?"

I nodded. "I can't say I know what you're going through my parents died before they were able to tell me the kind of life they wanted for me" I don't know why I said that maybe cause I wanted to see how he'd react, I wasn't sure about anything anymore. He just looked at me with sad eyes

"I'm sorry Sam, that must have been hard"

"It's okay, I'm over it now" I lied again. I looked at the time, it was time to go. I didn't know how to act around Kayden anymore, I needed to leave immediately.

"We have to go now, it's really late"

"Sure"

He helps me with Max to the car and I get into my car and drive off. What's next now?