I made my decision and I was going to have to talk to Richard. I guess all along I already knew what I was going to do, I really just wanted someone to say it and Sarah did just that.
I was already in my third class and I was exhausted, I know I said I missed school but I really wasn't expecting all these school work and it's only been the second week.

When the class was over, I practically ran out of the class and before I know it I'm bumping into someone and all my books are on the floor. It was the typical cliche kind of accident except the guy wasn't all that attractive, he was an average, his brown eyes were hooded and clear, he had black hair and he was wearing a black denim jacket and a pale blue shirt with a black pair of jeans and a pair of black ankled boots.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention" the guy states as he helps me pick my books up.

"Oh it's okay, I was just in a hurry to leave".
And it just became awkward afterwards, I had honestly forgotten how to interact with other people, I've become socially awkward, I was literally just standing there and staring at him.

"Well then, I'd see you later", I say awkwardly

"Hold on, what's your name?" He asks

"Samantha"

"I'm Kayden Smith, and it's very lovely to meet you" he says in a teasing tone and I just roll my eyes and head outside.

     I'm heading to O'Connors which already has become mine and Richard's usual meeting spot. I head over to the usual booth and see Richard already there.
I asked him to meet with me because I wanted to let him know about my decision.

"Hey Richard"

"Sam, I'm glad you called" He says

"Yes, I just needed time to figure everything out", I mumble

"And I'm assuming you know that now?", he asks me like he's scared of what my answer would be.   

"I do, I want to do this with you so I'm in".

"Alright good, I knew you'd come around", he says with a smirk.

"Okay, so what's the first step then?"

"These guys have people everywhere even amongst the cops but I know someone we can trust. We already started working on it and we found out exactly who's behind it". He finishes

"What? How big of a cure were you guys trying to find?" I mean I knew important people were involved but this wasn't what I expected. At this point nothing surprised me anymore.

"The disease is called ryeophymdia, and over the last six years about 7 million have died because of it. It's one of several viral hemorrhagic fevers, it's caused by infection with a virus". I just got more confused when he was done talking, I definitely didn't take the flare for science from my mom.

"So what exactly is the plan?" I asked somewhat impatient, I just wanted to get this done and move on with my life. Hmph easier said than done. He brings out a paper with pictures of different people on it.

"This is Zach Smith, he is the CEO of Smith Laboratories where your mom and I worked". He looked strangely familiar but I didn't have time to figure out how before Richard continues. Now he's the mastermind behind everything

"Wow okay, so why exactly was he against you guys finding the cure?"

"Well, the government paid these people to find the cure and if your mom had found it, the money stops coming in and these people didn't want that happening"

It just keeps getting worse, but I still didn't understand why the cops couldn't get involved

"So why can't we just go to the police?" I asked him

"Zach is a very powerful man, if he finds out that I'm talking to the police, he's come after me and you and your brother will sure be next".

I sighed. It just kept getting worse.

I get home an hour later, Max is spending the night at Ben's, which leaves me at home alone. It's currently ‪9:45‬, the night is apparently still young so I decided to do the one thing I had not done in forever.