I didn't know what to expect.  I suddenly was doubting if going to this party was a good idea. I knew there were going to be a lot of stuck up rich people there for sure. I didn't even know what the plan was if I saw Zach Smith.

I had tried to reach Richard again but nothing still. I was angry at this point, but then again I was worried. What if Zach found out what he was up to and had him killed?
Ugh I should just get dressed, I had two hours until Kayden came to pick me up which didn't make sense to me because the fundraiser was happening at his house but he insisted on being a "gentleman"

I got up from my bed, put on some music and headed to the bathroom. After I was done shaving my legs, washing my hair and taking a bathe, half an hour had passed already.

I proceeded to do my makeup, I didn't want to do too much so I settled for a natural look, I moved on to my hair, I decided to do a low bun. After I put my dress on, I realized Kianna was right about the dress, it was a gorgeous red  gown, with a high slit.

 After I put my dress on, I realized Kianna was right about the dress, it was a gorgeous red  gown, with a high slit

When I was satisfied with the way I looked, I decided to call Max. I had a few minutes left before Kayden gets here.

"Sam?" He picks up after the third ring.

"Hey bud, how are you?" I ask

"I'm okay, Sarah's teaching me how to bake. I'll bake for you when I get back home" he said
I was happy that he was safe not just physically but also from the truth. Maybe when he's older, I'll tell him all about it but for now he was safe.

"Sam, are you there?"

"I'm here Max, I miss you so-
I was interrupted by the doorbell. "I have to go now Max, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Say hi to Sarah".

"Bye Sam" he responded

I went over to the door to let Kayden in.

"You look really beautiful Sam" he said after eying me head to toe.

"Thanks, you look good too" he was dressed in a navy blue tux.

"I need to get my purse, I'll be right back". I said before leaving.

*
We got to the Smith's in ten minutes, I was nervous all the way here. I didn't know what to expect. The house was well decorated, it had balloons and followers everywhere. There was a jazz band at the living room area, the room was filled with older people. Now I understood why Kayden never attended these things.

"Let me introduce you to my parents" Kayden said. I was suddenly nervous, ideally I should be nervous cause I was meeting a boy's parents but in this case it was cause I was about to meet the man who had my parents murdered.