Six days and I had not heard from Richard. I tried calling him but he kept ignoring my calls.

What was he planning? He didn't want me to speak to the cops, he didn't want me anywhere near the Smiths. I mean what was I supposed to do ? I was running out of patience. I knew he said not to to trust the cops but surely there must be someone we could speak to.

I had been spending time with Kayden contrary to what Richard said. I know I know I'm sure you're wondering what I was thinking.
It was hard being around him for sure but still the more time we spent together made it easier plus it gave me access to his dad.

Kayden had invited me to his father's birthday party at his house which meant I could see his dad so I agreed to go. I was tired of waiting on Richard, I didn't know what else to do since he was MIA.

I was going shopping with Kianna, cause I had nothing to wear to a birthday party. I had also met Kianna once after movie night.. She wanted to meet up for coffee and shopping. According to her she didn't have a lot of friends, and she "liked me instantly" in her own words.

I was already at the store waiting for Kianna to arrive, the party was tomorrow night so we had to go shopping today. I didn't wait for long until she came in. Kianna was pretty, she was tall and curvy, she was always smiling everytime I saw her.

"Hey, lets get you a very sexy dress that'd make my brother keep his eyes on you all night" she said as she gave me a hug

"You are something else" I respond smiling

I tried a lot of dresses, none of them "spoke" to her yet. I could tell it was a little difficult to please her.

"Definitely not that one, she looks older than she is" she said to the salesperson. The poor girl was tired at this point but she kept on smiling but I could tell she wanted us gone already.

After a few more dresses, Kianna finally liked one that "spoke" to her. I was tired, I needed coffee. After paying, we got a few more things and now we were at a burger place downtown.

"So you and Kayden huh?" She asked with a raised brow

"There's nothing going on, we're just friends"

"Yeah, and I'm bald" she said sarcastically. "Look, I don't know what's going on but he likes you, Kayden never goes for these parties  in fact he never goes for anything my dad organizes but he's going this time and he's even invited you" she finished

I don't know what she was expecting me to say, I mean he's her brother she'd say anything. I liked Kayden but that didn't mean I was going to act on it, if after I had his father's head on a pike and he still decides that he wants this, then we could go from there but for right now, I couldn't care less about how he felt.  Okay that sounded harsh.

The rest of the day passed by in a blur, after my time with Kianna I spent the rest of the day at the gym. I always felt better after the gym, slept better too.