Kayden took me over to his parents hand in hand, his mother was dressed in an elegant black dress, she was smiling when she saw us coming. Zach was over at the end of the table talking with an older couple

"Mom, Dad this is Sam" he said.  Zach looked over at us when he heard Kayden speak. Zach was a fine man, he and Kayden had the same smile now I saw where Kayden got his looks from.

"Hi dear, I'm Catherine and this is is my husband Zach" she said as she offered me her hand, Zach was staring at me and smiling. I wondered if he recognized me.

"It's lovely to meet you, thank you for coming" he said still smiling. Why was he smiling so much. He didn't deserve to smile, he didn't deserve to throw a birthday party, he didn't even deserve to live.

"Lovely to meet you, thank you for having me" I replied and he was back talking to his guests.

"I need to use the restroom" I whispered to Kayden and he directed me towards the ones upstairs. The plan was to get into Richard's office, I figured rich men always had an office where they kept records of all their evil deeds.

After a few minutes of looking for an office, I finally found it. I had to hurry and get back to the party before any one got suspicious. I reached for the door handle and was shocked that it was opened. The office was really big and spacious, I have no idea where to start looking.  I moved to the desk and reached for the drawers but they were locked.  Luck wasn't on my side.

I moved over to the shelves at the other end of the room, there were books stacked on them but there was nothing suspicious.

"What are you doing here?"

I turned around and there Zach was staring at me. Angry couldn't describe how he looked. What do I say? I could have waited for Richard to call instead I had to go and destroy everything. He caught me and there was no going back.

"You killed my parents"

Really short chapter but thanks for reading!
Please like!