Richard was right in front of me with his gun to my head. His index finger was wrapped around the trigger. My body was covered in sweat and I was shivering now. This wasn't how I had planned my death

"Say hi to Ca-". The gunshot rang before he could finish, I turned around there was a police man walking towards me.

"Miss, are you hurt?" He asked still approaching me. I couldn't move, Richard was on the floor; his blood was everywhere before I remembered that I still couldn't find Max.

"My brother, he had my brother and I don't know where he is" I said

"He's alright, he's asleep. My men found him in the culprit's car" the man said as he led me  towards the entrance where I had entered 

Kayden was the first person I saw when I was outside, he was running towards me

"Are you okay?"

"How did you find me?" I asked

"After you left I found your phone, you had dropped it. I checked and saw Richard's message and called the cops" He said as he had his hands on my shoulders

"Oh, thanks. I need to find Max" I said. I was still shaking, my head was spinning but a part of me felt relieved. Relieved that this was over.

*
Life had not exactly gone back to normal, I hadn't been to school in two weeks. I obviously didn't tell Max the reason he was taken, I lied and told him Richard was after money.

I still had not wrapped my head around the fact that my mom cheated on my dad. She was the reason my life turned upside down. I thought my parents were happy, they looked happy but I guess things aren't always as they seem. It suddenly felt like everything I had known was a lie.

I didn't care what Richard said about Max, it didn't change anything. He was Henry's son for all I know.

Zach had been arrested. He was charged with co- conspiracy but got five years in jail since he was threatened by Richard.
Kayden however had been there for Max and I, he and Max had gotten really close. He was here most of the time when he didn't have classes.

Life wasn't all the way perfect but it was slowly getting there.