Chapter 2

Hello! Second chapter, I hope you enjoy it!

_______________________________

Hikaru tried to calmly walk out of an alleyway, a henge having been slid over him the moment he'd calmed down. Basically, he looked okay. Not like he'd broken down a couple minutes ago, so there was a minorly good first impression.

Hikaru nodded to himself and tilted his head, wondering on how to get into the Hokage's office. While he couldn't exactly just burst down the door or window, he could shunshin into it. It wasn't exactly his brightest idea, but it was the best he could think of at the moment. Spring for action before action became his worst enemy.

He reached out his chakra, closing his eyes. Then it connected with a seal in the Hokage's office, and Hikaru is suddenly stood there, in the middle of his office. Chakra signatures automatically surrounded him, and Hikaru let his chakra snap back towards himself, thankful that his own signature wasn't showing.

Sarutobi would've been dead by now if he'd been attempting to kill him. But he had no current plans to murder his former grandfather figure, so he kept himself still. His shoulders were tight, and kunai pointed at his neck, one hovering near his spine. Cold ANBU masks stared at him, and Hikaru blinked.

"Who are you?" Sarutobi commanded, a touch of steel entering his tone. His eyes were harsh and pits of danger that he had to be wary of falling into.

Hikaru's back straightens, and he slowly pulled his hand away from his waist. "I'm not here to murder you. I just request an audience."

Sarutobi eyed him, before nodding. The ANBU trailed away, knowing better than to disobey their Hokage.

Once the privacy seals activated, Hikaru let the henge fade. The brown hair faded to red, his violet eyes gleaming. The ache for Kurama remained in his heart, but the almost-faded presence in the back of his mind brought him minor comfort.

He could do this..

Sarutobi frowned, a slight motion but his eyes could track it. "Who are you?"

"My name used to be Uzumaki Naruto." Hikaru murmured, his eyes firm on the ground. He remembers talking with Sarutobi, seeing the world through a still rose coloured lense. He didn't know the horrors of war back then, despite the horror of facing the villagers daily.

Naruto had been so determined to do something he'd forgotten how to take care of himself.

Now here Hikaru was, trying to fix his own mistakes. Trying to attempt to care for something that had been his fault in the first place.

"I come from a different timeline. One where Konoha fell during a long war, and one where everybody there died. This was a result of Uchiha Madara being reanimated by a jutsu, I believe, and where a man going by the name of Tobi became the Ten-Tails. In reality, Tobi's name was Uchiha Obito."

Hikaru pushes away his memories. Now isn't the time to regret. Now isn't the time to mourn. He had a world to save, he could do it afterwards.

Sarutobi stared at him, his eyes unreadable. But he stood up, his hands clasped behind his back as if to try and contain some sort of emotion. Hikaru knew he sounded like an absolute crackhead, but it was all he could think of. Go to what was familiar.

A step towards him. "Tell me. How would this happen, if what you're saying is true?"

He took a deep breath, steeling his violent nerves. His hands fisting at his sides as he opened his mouth and closed it again. His mind had drawn to a blank, all he could remember was the happiness of his simple genin days before the Chunin Exams.