Chapter 6

Hi! Currently writing this literally 12:01 rn cause it's New Year's Eve and why the heck not. Hope you enjoy!
Human Think

Original: 01/01/2020

Edited: 10/14/2020

__________________________________

Hikaru stiffened slightly as Naruto leapt up, finished with his ramen. "I'm done!" Naruto shouted.

Hikaru blankly placed more than enough money on the counter- a tip for having to clean up Naruto's mess- and stood up.

The world swayed slightly and Hikaru's breathing picked up. But he managed to follow Naruto's swift escape from Ichikaru's, walking next to him on a dirt path.

A busy street filled with fangirls screaming and, well, fangirling.

Naruto growled, his fists tightening. "I'd bet that's Sasuke-teme!"

Before Naruto could move, the crowd parted to reveal Sasuke. His hands shoved deeply into his pockets and a blank look on his face.

Despite that, Hikaru knew Sasuke was genuinely annoyed from the way his mouth turned down in disdain, and the way his black eyes seemed to glare holes into your soul worse than they usually did.

Naruto was already rushing towards Sasuke before Hikaru could stop him, his words falling on deaf ears. Hikaru blinked, feeling panic grip him fully as Sasuke's eyes locked into his.

Hikaru's hands shook, and he backed up slightly, his brain repeating a simple signal over and over.

Escape.

Thus he shunshined away, his mind reeling. He didn't know where he ended up, only that the world was spinning around him and his chest was so tight he couldn't breathe.

Naruto had killed Sasuke himself. He'd refrained from telling the Hokage how anybody died, only the barest details from the war.

He'd watched Sasuke die from his jutsu. His fault.

Sasuke rushed at Madara, dirt smeared against his pale skin. His Sharingan eyes were flickering, a sign that he had only a bit of chakra left, and his hair was a mess.

A flash of something, then Madara was behind Sasuke. Naruto tried to call out but his throat and mouth had gone dry-

Wind sliced Sasuke into pieces as Sasuke whirled around. Blood splattered against the already bloody ground. Naruto couldn't make out which one was Sasuke's.

All Naruto could see was when Sasuke finally agreed to come back to Konoha. The look of hope flashing through his black eyes, the slight flush on the Uchiha's cheek. The way he looked younger, not so war-torn.

Naruto felt something trail down his cheek, and an angry feeling setting fire inside of him. He saw Sasuke's hand and wrist, callouses and bruises on the pale skin. Blood coated the ground.

Sasuke had worked so hard. Sasuke had become Naruto's friend and enemy. Sasuke was the person who Naruto needed to show light to the most.

He rushed at Madara, his hands already moving for multiple chakra pills. He popped them into his mouth, feeling the instant boost.

Hikaru's hands tangled up in his long red hair, and he vaguely recognizes a loud, booming voice. Everything is too loud.

He could hear footsteps running heavily towards him, the rustling of clothing. But Hikaru couldn't breathe and there was a cloud in his brain that told him to panic.