Chapter 46

Hello! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

___

Hikaru stared blankly at the large, black dog with a white underbelly that crashed through leaves towards him. It sniffed him cautiously. Hikaru held up his hand for the dog to sniff- there was an eyepatch over one of his eyes. 

It was familiar somehow, in a way that Hikaru couldn't quite recall. 

The dog let out a long howl, calling something from the bushes. It was a team of three, but his vision was slightly blurry and he couldn't see that far.

Hikaru tensed as they stepped forward, one of them looking vaguely confused. He winced as the dog sniffed at him again, bothering the wound on his shoulder slightly. 

He scanned over their outfits- Konoha hitai-ate proudly on their foreheads. There were Inuzuka markings on two of their faces. He froze, eyes narrowing as what looked like the owner of the dog stepped forward. 

"Kuromaru, is that-" She trailed off, meeting Hikaru's eyes. "Hey. Who're ya?"

"Uzumaki Hikaru."

At this both-- 

Kiba? Was that Kiba?

They both stiffened, and Hikaru fought to keep himself upright. He started to stand up, wincing and crumpling halfway towards his accomplishment. The Inuzuka's clan leader rushed forward, hollaring that she needed a medic. 

Hikaru hissed through his teeth as she brushed against the kunai on his shoulder, before quite literally lifting him up as if she weighed nothing. 

"Konoha shinobi, right?" She looked down at him. 

"Yes." Hikaru managed to grind out- everything was spinning and he hurt and there were too much colours-

He closed his eyes, loving the familiarity of being unable to see. 

"You better not be falling asleep on me, kid." She muttered as she raced into Konoha.

Hikaru's thin chakra spread somewhat around him, searching for something.

He was dizzy. Now that he'd actually found Konoha nin-- something that made him want to tear up-- his mind was allowing him to actually fall asleep completely for the first time in six months.

"Not fallin' asleep." Hikaru grunted as she took to the rooftops. Hikaru opened his eyes- it was so dark, where was Naruto's apartment?

His chakra made a thin line towards Naruto's chakra, like a beacon. It prodded him awake, and Hikaru saw a light somewhere flicker on. 

Hikaru slipped asleep in the Inuzuka's arms.

___

He woke up to a steady beeping that reminded him too much of when he'd gotten kidnapped. The next thing he did was open his eyes and attempt to move. 

Luckily, he was met with blinding white light and his limbs could actually breathe. 

Hikaru glanced down, moving his hands and inspecting the wires attached on him. He glanced around the room- nobody was in here, but there were violet chrysanthemums on the windowsill, arranged carefully in a vase. 

Hikaru blinked, and then he blinked again. 

He grabbed the cup of water by his bed, limbs shaking heavily, almost spilling it all over himself. He'd never been more happy to taste normal, regular water that didn't reek of salt. He coughed as he drank it too quickly, a small smile on his lips.