Chapter 34

Hello! I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

_____

He couldn't move. Normally, he would be terrified, but his eyes were softly closing without permission. He could barely even see the smear of color that was Sakura next to him, could barely hear the disembodied laughter that echoed around the clearing.

Pain hit his stomach in the shape of a foot, and he flew backwards, rolling to an uncomfortable stop a meter away. Naruto tried to open his eyes wider, tried to do anything, but there were metaphorical bricks on his face and limbs.

He asked himself a question.

What would Kakashi-sensei do?

Eventually, breathing became something that Naruto could barely do. 

What would Hikaru-sensei do?

Naruto didn't know the answer to any of those questions. But, hypothetically, if Hikaru-sensei or Kakashi-sensei were ever rendered helpless, they would call for help.

But... how would he do that? He couldn't move, he couldn't even see. His body floated in thick darkness that swirled around him, feeling strangely like grass.

"Flare your chakra."

Naruto would've jumped at the voice, had he not have heard it for a week or so now. And, of course, if he could move. 

He followed the voice's advice, which would normally seem stupid, but it had quickly become the best option he had. So he balled the chakra somewhere inside of him- he couldn't feel his limbs, so he hoped it was inside of him- and released it. 

Then, having done his part, he let go.

___

Hikaru's POV

A wave of foreboding passed through him, and Hikaru shot up. He could hear a soft whispering in the back of his mind- three short, soft words, and then he didn't care where he was going. He needed to go. He needed to be wherever it was-

A huge chakra flare that Hikaru recognized as Naruto's rang through the air, and he could feel it on his skin. Hikaru grabbed his sword- Kakashi looking more than concerned, along with whoever in the jonin lounge- and left. 

He reappeared in the forest, everything swirling around him, the colours too bright and the noise too loud. But he tried his best to push it away the closer he got to Naruto's fading chakra flare. 

He would be there. Hikaru would be there. He promised. 

Hikaru skidded towards the clearing, his breath immediately hitching as he saw his students passed out on the ground. He quickly released his own chakra flare, confirming that the situation needed other jonins.

It wasn't long before Anko appeared next to him, and then she stopped and stared. 

"Hikaru-san, the Uchiha is gone." Anko murmured. 

"I know. I was wondering if I could go get him." Hikaru said. Anger flared in every single bone, overwhelming his sight and he could almost feel his eyes flashing a controlled red. He would rescue his student, past and future life be damned, and he would make whoever did this pay

"Granted." Anko said, and then Hikaru ran off. 

The light screamed loudly in his mind, burning into his eyes, but he didn't care. He let his chakra coat the forest, searching for Sasuke. 

There was a suspiciously-shaped bush on the right. Hikaru turned towards it, his chakra poking at the bush, picking up faint traces of Sound nin chakra and Sasuke's chakra.