Chapter 44

Ello! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Trigger: Themes of non-consent and torture

___

There was nothing but him in the thick, dark blackness that floated around him. Hikaru couldn't really see, couldn't really move. 

An ANBU mask flashed past him. "Usagi." Hik- Naruto greeted almost cooly. 

His eyes fluttered softly open, and he tried to look down but he was stuck. Panic grew inside of him as he strained at his ice-cold confines. 

"It's okay." 

He attempted to move or breathe, but everything was shadowed over heavily. 

"Kitsune." Usagi murmured back. "We have a mission at o'hundred today. Pack your gear for a week-long mission."

"Hai."

"You'll be okay under my care, Hikaru-chan."

Hikaru found himself slipping into a false form of sleep. 

___

He woke with a panic, a heavy beeping filling his ears. Everything was loud, too loud where was he? 

Hikaru blinked, eyes darting around but there was a thick, cold cloth over his eyes. 

"I wouldn't recommend touching that, Hikaru-san." 

There was a kind, soft voice beside him...

"Who are you?" Hikaru found himself rasping. He tried to lift his hands, but they were tied down, tried to move his chakra but it hurt with a vengance, something like lightning shooting into his veins. 

"It doesn't matter. We saved you." The girl's voice was cheery- Hikaru will just call her Yuu. It meant 'gentle', which was good enough for him at the moment. 

"May I get some water?" Hikaru murmured softly, his words coming out all wrong and twisted. He swallowed slightly, noticing that his mouth and throat both were completely dry. 

A small hand patted his head. "You'll be okay."

And, like that, Hikaru was asleep.

___

Hikaru heard a small crash and a loud grunt of frusteration. He'd been introduced this one's name- Hamasaki Leiko. Hikaru hadn't believed it at first, but he couldn't see anything so what was he to say about it?

He knew that this one was the one from the Waves mission. He had known that something was off about her from the moment he'd seen her, and he was right

Something about that was tinged with anger, the dreadfulness of not wanting to be right but he was anyway. Hikaru didn't quite remember the word for it at that moment, but it was there. 

He didn't want to be here, but there was no way to escape. There was no way out, no way forward other than to let his pride tumble and crash. 

Hamasaki was vicious- she loved casting genjutsu and watching him struggle, loved inserting poisons into his skin just to see what they would do. More often than not, she knew the exact outcome. 

He would remain strong. 

Go out like a hurricane or don't go out at all. 

___

He was so tired.

So, so tired. 

Hikaru let his eyes close, flexing his chakra, only to feel a lightning-like pinch. They, unfortunately, were smart enough to put him in chakra-restraining chains.