NYADA Auditions

A/N - Y/N meets someone at the NYADA Auditions at Mckinley high school

Y/F/MT/S = Your Favourite Musical Theatre Song
Y/P - Your Pronoun (e.g Mr, Miss, Mx)

The moment you heard Carmen Tibideaux would be holding auditions at Mckinley for a place at NYADA for the second year running, you knew that you just had to go.

But then there was the issue of song choice.

Now...maybe it isn't the most common choice of audition song, but you had your heart set on singing the song Y/F/MT/S after all, it was your favourite.

The audition day hadn't been going overly smoothly for you. 

You had woken up late after missing the three alarms you had set, and you missed the bus into school. So you had to run to get to the audition room on time.

The place was packed. Full of people. Some you had met before, some you noticed from glee club competitions, and others you had never seen in your life.

You sat in one of the only free chairs around the room, and after a few minutes of silence they started calling people one by one into the auditorium.

All that could be heard was the rustling of sheet music, tapping of feet, and a few people nervously humming their audition songs.

That is...until one more person arrived.

He burst through the door, breathing heavily, eyes wide. Everyone in the room was pulled out of their own little trances and turned to stare at this mystery man. His eyes darted around the room as he spoke "Am I in the right room? I mean...is this where I go for...for the singing."

Everyone continued to look at him like he was crazy.

"Yeah." You spoke, the boy's eyes drifting over to you "Look, there's a seat next to me. You can sit here while we wait if you like." You gestured to the vacant seat beside you.

"Thank you." He spoke "I'm Sebastian. Sebastian Smythe."

"Y/N L/N."

You sat in silence for a moment "So Y/N what are you going to sing?"

Your gaze lifted from the ground to Sebastian "Oh, I'm doing Y/F/MT/S. Hopefully Carmen won't hate it and practically boo me off the stage."

Sebastian chuckled, the soft movement adding to your smile. "I'm sure you'll be wonderful. And even if you do get thrown off the stage, at least I'll be here to be your shoulder to cry on." He joked.

You lightly smacked his shoulder "Alright then Mr Big Shot. What song are you singing."

"Something's Coming. West Side Story."

"Thats nice. It's a good song." You replied "I'm sure you will be -"

"Y/N L/N to the auditorium." A voice called.

You took a sharp breath "That's me. I'll see you on the other side."

Sebastian waved and shot you a thumbs up as you left the room, hands shaking as you hold the resume and sheet music in front of you.

On the stage you stand front and centre. Carmen Tibideaux sitting just in front of you.

She looked at you, the same unimpressed look on her face that you had heard from the other NYADA hopefuls "Y/P L/N. I see here you are singing Y/F/MT/S. You may begin."

The familiar into of the track began as you began the audition song. The further into the song you got, the more at home you felt. The stressful atmosphere melted away. You became lost in the routine, you knew this...you got this.

The final note played and you dropped back to reality, looking out to Carmen.

Her face remained neutral as she said "Well Y/P L/N. I wasn't expecting to hear something like that today." Your heart dropped "...well done Y/P L/N. You exceed my expectations for this town."

You couldn't hide the smile growing on your face as you left the room.

Back in the audition room Sebastian gave you a questioning look "so..." he hinted.

"I think it went well." You started as the assistant called Sebastian's name "Well...break a leg out there. See you around Sebastian Smythe." 

You stayed and watched as the boy went into the auditorium before turning and walking out of the room, a smile on your face.

A/N - I know I have been away but I have done so much this summer and I have been so busy. I've been to Disneyland Paris, I've done two musicals, and I did a few weeks at work. But I'm hoping to get a few things uploaded over this week

QOTU - What song would you sing for an audition like this

AOTU - So Much Better from Legally Blonde, or Santa Fe from Newsies