XI - Lady Kiyomi

TW: Cringe

Yi stared at the clock anxiously. In a few minutes the first train carrying the soldiers would return. The next few weeks were expected to be extremely busy with an influx of injured soldiers coming through. The train carrying the Eldians and warrior candidates wasn't expected to come in until the next day or the day after.

And the day began with cleaning wounds, replacing bandages, assisting with amputations. The cycle repeated every few hours. She would have to work nonstop for the next few days. The last time she did this was when she first met Eren several months ago. But she was used to it. The soldiers' screams of pain did nothing to her ears.

After several days, Yi finally got to rest. She walked slowly to her apartment, stumbling every few steps. Her eyes were half open and she just wanted to sleep in her bed. She opened her door and noticed that the house was empty.

"Eren?" she called. There was no response, but she was too tired to care. The moment her face hit her pillow she was out.

===

"Yiiiii." someone called. Yi stirred out of her slumber and slowly opened her eyes. Eren's face hovered over hers. But she was too tired to care and went back to sleep. But he wouldn't let her and started to blow on her face.

"What do you want?" she said, eyes still closed. She just wanted to be left alone.

"I'm bored. I want to do something." he answered. He opened her eyelid like a child and peeked at her eye. "You Marleyans really are the same."

Yi opened her eyes and looked at him, "What do you want to do?"

"I want to go to the internment zone," he said.

"That's something you won't hear from an Eldian." she said surprised. "But you're hiding in my apartment which is outside of the zone," she looked at the window, the sun was still shining through the glass, "and it's day time. I can sneak you in at night." she closed her eyes.

"Yi if you don't get up I'll kiss you."

Her eyes shot back open. Eren was staring at her face nonchalantly like he had just said the most normal thing. "What?"

He smirked, "You heard me." She froze in place. She didn't know what to do. No one had ever threatened her with a kiss. She just stayed on the bed, unmoving. "One." he started to count.

"I'm tired, I worked a seventy-two hour shift, let me rest." she called his bluff.

"Two." Yi turned away from Eren and pulled her covers up to her chest. "Three." She continued to block him out and shut her eyes. "Four." She swatted her hand at him, "Five."

Eren turned her over and planted his lips on hers. She was shocked at first but didn't mind it. Her lips were surprisingly soft. She was tense at first but immediately relaxed as the kiss deepened. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck. He placed his left hand behind her neck and the other softly grabbed her waist.

But reality is cruel and Yi soon woke up to the sound of banging on her door rather than Eren's soft lips. She bolted up and touched her lips, they were cold and chapped as always and Eren was nowhere to be seen.

"Fuck. Did I really just have a wet dream?" she whispered to herself.

"YIIIIII!!" a muffled calling from outside. Yi pulled the covers over herself hoping that they would go away. But they kept persisting. She reluctantly got out of bed and opened the door to find Gabi, Falco, Udo, and Zofia standing at her door excitedly.

"YI!" they crashed themselves into her, missing her embrace.

"Hi." she said groggily.

"Did you see them?" Udo asked.

"See who?"

The kids jumped up and down excitedly, "The visitors. There are so many foreigners here in Marley!"

"Someone was asking for you." Falco said.

Yi kind of hoped it was Eren, "Who?"

"This lady who kind of looks like you. I think her name is Kiyomi or something." Zofia said.

"Oh." Yi said, kind of disappointed. "Who is that?"

"She's the lady from Hizuru."

Yi's ears perked up. She remembered Eren talking about his friend that was from the Azumabitos. Could it possibly be her? "Where can I find her?"

===

Yi was transported in a car to the Hizuru embassy in Marley. The building was filled with luxurious chandeliers and velvet couches. She awed at the large windows and golden doors. She had never seen such splendor in her life. They reached a large door and two servants opened it.

Sitting at a desk was a petite lady with smile lines and wrinkles around her eyes. She had eyes that looked soft and kind, she smiled at Yi when she entered. "Hello, Ying, I am Lady Kiyomi of Hizuru."

Yi looked around at the servants who were all staring at her awkwardly. She bowed her head and cleared her throat, "Uh hi. You can just call me Yi."

Lady Kiyomi got up and touched Yi's hands, "I am so happy that you are here. I have longed to meet the last heir of the Liu Dynasty."

Yi pulled her hands away, remembering the rivalry between the Lius and the Azumabitos. "What do you want?" she looked around at the surrounding people. The guards were tense but their weapons weren't visible but she was prepared for a fight. Of course she couldn't take them down but she wouldn't go easily.

"I just want to talk. Guards stand down." Lady Kiyomi ordered. The guards dropped their hands and relaxed. "You are the last descendant of Qin but that is not all. We need your help in Hizuru."

"And why should I help you? Your ancestors nearly wiped out my entire bloodline!"

Kiyomi just smiled, "Please, give us, give me, a chance to right the wrongs of my ancestors. We can help each other without senseless violence. Years before the Qin Hizuru war our nations were allies. The two countries were each other's closest trading partners, and the kings were as close as brothers. We can restore that bond."

Yi thought for a moment, "But there's always a catch. And I've learned from my ancestors that the Azumabitos are greedy."

Lady Kiyomi grabbed her hands gently, "There is no catch, to unite our countries is all I desire for the sake of both of our nations."

I feel like this chapter is a piece of hot garbage. I can't binge watch shows but I've been watching Hunter x Hunter and it's pretty good. I'm still on the first season but I really like it so far.

How old are you? I'm 15