XXIII - The Scream

Manga spoilers
The morning after didn't feel as awkward as she thought it would be. The scouts mostly avoided looking at them which made Yi feel better. She could at least pretend that they never heard anything.

Everyone left early in the morning to return back to Shiganshina after the Military Police and Garrison were overthrown by the Yeagerists. Eren watched from a safe distance as they were easily overtaken by his men with the help of some civilians. He managed to see Hange and their comrades being escorted out. He sighed, knowing that they were far away so that they wouldn't get to see what he was about to do to the city.

Ever since his night with Yi, Ymir was silent. He was glad that she at least had the decency to leave the two alone. Or maybe she was present that night and decided to never speak to him again out of embarrassment. Either way, he was glad that he got a break from her demanding voice.

But now he had formed an even greater attachment to Yi. One that he didn't expect to spiral out of his control. But he didn't mind it at all. His heart had never fluttered the way it did around Yi. His friends and followers told him that they were moving too fast. He had only known her for a couple of months but they didn't have the time to take things slow.

He needed to keep her safe. So he locked her in yet another room.

Yi stared out of the window boredly watching the clouds move slowly. It felt too quiet. Even though she hadn't been in Paradis for long, she knew that the silence meant something was about to happen. It made her feel uneasy. She felt so useless. She couldn't help anyone or fight. She missed home and the kids.

"Oh fuck the kids!" she said. She had completely forgotten that Gabi and Falco were in Paradis with her. She just hoped that Zofia and Udo made it out of the Marleyan rubble.

Eren never talked about them with her. He probably didn't even know Gabi's name. He just called her, 'the brat who killed Sasha'. Yi heard some people in the halls saying something about Gabi but she never heard them clearly.

The building shook violently and Yi ran to hide under a table. The ceiling collapsed entirely on her.

Eren quickly transformed and looked up to the sky. Hundreds of aircrafts filled the sky. He braced himself for the incoming fight. He looked down at Porco who freed Pieck from Gabi. But it was reckless of Marley to attack. The information that Reiner provided them was outdated so they had no idea of the landscape or technology that Paradis possessed.

He looked behind him to see Yelena shouting at him to return to a safe place but he refused. Maybe it was his pride, but it was also partly Ymir telling him to fight. She had returned and was as annoying as ever for him.

Eren headed for Reiner. Standing tall and proud, Eren was disgusted. They were the only people who made Reiner feel like he belonged. And now he was back to destroy the place even more.

Eren hardened his fist and punched Reiner, taking off a good chunk of his skull. Reiner tackled him into a building pounding his fists into the former. Porco came from behind, attempting to bite his nape but Eren quickly reacted, activating the War Hammer Titan's powers and impaling Reiner and Porco.

It felt like he was just knocked over by a little wind at first. But then it turned into excruciating pain. He was still alive with a hole in his titan's skull. Eren stood immobile before another shot entered and exited his head. His scouts fell to the guns of the Marleyan soldiers.

He gathered the strength he had left to swipe at the Jaw Titan just before he bit his nape. The Armored Titan took advantage of the opening and went for the Attack Titan. Eren reacted on instinct, punching through Reiner's skull. Adrenaline filled him and he looked up to find the Beast Titan at the wall.

"You heroically withstood them all by yourself." Zeke said. "Now leave the rest to your big brother."

The Beast Titan threw rocks at the aircrafts taking multiple down with one throw. Yelena watched the chaos unfold with a sick smile on her face. Eren ignored all of it and started to run towards Zeke. Once he made physical contact with a member of the royal family then he would be able to control all titans and carry out the Rumbling.

Gabi ran through the streets with Colt. She needed to find Falco. He was always the one who saved her, now she needed to return the favor. Falco was escorted by Nile of the Military Police when he spotted the two.

"It's my older brother..." he said to Nile.

The two headed closer to Gabi and Colt who was ready to shoot at them. Nile gently shoved Falco towards his brother, "This is not a place for children. Go back home."

The three Marleyan born Eldians ran through the streets of Shiganshina, dodging falling rubble every now and then before taking refuge in an abandoned house.

Zeke relaxed for just a moment. It appeared to him that the Cart Titan was defeated for the moment after hundreds of scouts bombarded it with thunder spears. But it was all a ruse which became apparent to Zeke as he fell down the wall after being blasted by Pieck.

Zeke mustered all the strength he had left and lifted his head to see Eren running towards him. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Colt and Falco running towards him shouting, no, begging him not to scream.

But Zeke couldn't afford to sacrifice his plan for one boy. It was truly unfortunate that he had no other choice, "Colt, your feelings toward your little brother, I understand them well."

"Mr. Zeke" Colt said.

"That's why it's a pity." and Zeke screamed. Every person within the radius who drank the wine laced with Zeke's spinal fluid transformed.

Colt held his little brother tightly. It was the last moment the two would ever be together. A part of him hoped that Falco didn't ingest any wine and that it was all a big misunderstanding. But he knew that it was useless to only hope. I'm sorry mom. Colt whispered and squeezed his little brother one last time before his body burst into flames.

i'm in wisconsin rn and there's like nothing to do and a lot of the ppl here look racist or something i wanna go home