XVII - Sui Yin

can we talk about butter?? literally so amazing record-breaking
I wrapped my cloak around the strange woman. I had never seen a human who looked like her before. With pale skin and dark black hair, she intrigued me. I asked her why she was in the forest or how she got there but she avoided the question. I could tell that it might have been a painful story full of trauma so I decided to leave it at that. When she is ready to share her story then I will listen.

She was the main attraction when I brought her back to Commander Shadis. The other scouts at the camp stared at her as if she was an exotic being. Although I couldn't blame them as no one had ever seen a woman of her features before. I could tell that she felt insecure with the way she wrapped the cloak tighter. I turned my head and gave her a reassuring nod.

Commander Shadis was hesitant to help her. She offered no answers and often looked at me for guidance that I did not have. The woman hadn't spoken to any of us once. I had decided on giving her the temporary name of Sara.

I eventually convinced Shadis to allow her to come back to the walls with us. Once in the walls Sara was given food and proper clothing. But for her safety and everyone else's, she was kept in a locked room. I did my best to see her and keep her company. It seemed that she felt the most comfortable around me but I did not dare to overstep the boundaries that she created.

We have called in the best doctor in the walls, Grisha Jaeger to take a look at her but Sara only turned out worse. When I visited her, her skin was paler than usual, if it was even possible. I tried to ask her what was wrong but to no avail.

But my next visit was when she spoke for the first time. She said, "Suiyin." and provided no explanation. I am not sure if that is a name or something in another language. But I wonder if there are other languages. Everyone in the walls speaks and is taught one language. If we had ancestors who spoke any other then it would have surely died out over two thousand years.

But the next day when I went to see her, she was gone. The whole building went into lockdown and no one was allowed in or out. Commander Shadis had feared that she was a threat and her mysterious disappearance only proved his speculation. Although, I had doubted that she could ever do much. There wasn't anything outside of the walls besides the mindless titans.

Armin gasped as he read the excerpt from Erwin. How could he have hidden such a story from everyone? He was one hundred percent convinced that the woman Erwin wrote about was from outside of the walls.

Erwin had found a naked foreigner in the middle of the forest. He was sure that the woman had a story similar to Ymir's. A woman turned into a pure titan by Marleyans and left on the island to wander as a mindless titan until she ate a titan shifter. But the question was, which titan did she inherit?

Armin brought the diary straight to Yi who spent a long time reading it and rereading it over and over again.

"Her name was Sui Yin." she finally whispered.

"Yi this means that you are an Eldian. Do you remember how she died?" Armin asked.

Yi shook her head, "One day she kissed me goodbye and the next day my dad told me that she was dead."

"It's obvious that she was sent here as a pure titan but for what reason? And which titan did she inherit?"

Yi read the entry again and felt a tear sliding down her face. "I don't know."

"I can help you with that." a new voice said. The two looked up at the new comer. Lady Kiyomi stood with her guards. "I can help your people, and find out the truth about your mother."

Although she didn't really trust Lady Kiyomi, she had no choice but to. She was the closest source Yi had to finding out more about her family and how to reverse the Qin curse. Yi nodded her head and Armin followed her out of the cell.

He handed her the diary. "This is filled with Commander Erwin's stories about your mother."

Yi accepted it with a genuine smile, one that hadn't shown itself in weeks, "Thank you Armin." She followed the lady out of the dungeon and up the stars. Yi basked in the sunlight as she hadn't seen it in several days. "Will we be going to Qin?"

Lady Kiyomi shook her head, "No, we have to gather everything we know about the royal bloodline and the Founding Titan before we go to Qin."

A loud explosion shook the ground and Yi looked up. Smoke came from the top floor of the Headquarters and a large crowd gathered in front of the gate. Yi clutched onto one of the guards as she held her other hand up to shield herself from the smoldering pieces of debris.

Several scouts came up to the group, "We are on lockdown now, please follow us." They led the group out of the courtyard and into a nearby building. Handcuffs were put on Yi once again.

"Hey, what? Why are you doing this?"

Kiyomi stood between Yi and the Scouts, "What is the reason for this? She's coming with me."

"We are sorry Lady Kiyomi, Commander Zackly was just reported to have died in the explosion and we just got word that Eren Jaeger has escaped his prison and Ying Liu is the primary suspect."

took my apush exam on wednesday and i hope whoever wrote the saq questions gets overly attached to an abandoned fanfic also fuck collegeboard anyone who took an online ap test this year knows that the test was so fucking hard