XX - Reunion

Eren waited impatiently by the door for Yi. He looked at the clock and sighed loudly. Floch looked over at him, "Something wrong?"

"They should be here right now." Eren took down his hair and messily combed his fingers through his knotted locks. "I knew we shouldn't have trusted those two with her. They don't know what they're doing." He tied his hair up in a ponytail just like how she taught him.

The whole reason he kept his hair long enough was so that he could keep it like that. While in the cell, he didn't know when he would see her again or if he ever would. A ponytail would be a little something to keep her with him at all times.

"They're gonna be fine. Those two are some of the best soldiers we've had." Floch said.

Eren closed his eyes and tried to recall a nice memory. One where he was with his mother and all he wanted to see was the sea. He didn't have any burdens and believed that his father was just an ordinary doctor. He would spend his days playing with Armin and Mikasa without a care in the world. If only Dina Fritz hadn't killed his mother right in front of him, triggering a series of events that would lead to her undoing.

But when he thought of Dina Fritz, he thought of Marley, and the good times he had there. Of course he didn't want to actually kill the people there. Although there were many assholes, many were kind. Especially Yi, who was able to break past the traditional Marleyan beliefs. And then he made the mistake of falling for her. He knew that she must hate him. He expected it and quite frankly, he was okay with it. But he just needed her with him. It might have been selfish, but Eren didn't care.

As if on cue, the door opened and a corps member stepped inside, "They will be arriving soon."

Eren jumped up quickly and practically ran to the door. He took a few steps back, if I wait at the door for them then it's too obvious right? He sprinted back to the office. He sat down coolly in the chair, leaning back and placing his feet on the desk. Will she like that though? No one likes a messy person right? Eren put his legs down and sat up straight. But then I just look stiff. He readjusted himself on the seat and jumped up slightly when someone knocked on the door. "Come in."

The door opened and several corps came in, followed by Yi. It took everything in him to not drop his jaw. It had only been about a week, maybe less, maybe more, since he had last seen her. But it was a long one. Even though her hair was messy and greasy and her clothes were wrinkled, he didn't care. She still looked amazing. "You can leave us now." he gestured towards the corps. They left the room except for Floch, who thought that he had a special privilege. "You too. Go." Floch looked a little disappointed and left reluctantly.

Yi looked down awkwardly avoiding eye contact with Eren. He studied her face, making sure to remember every detail from the little hairs on her face to the visible, yet charming pores. She felt a little uncomfortable under his stare but refused to break the silence. Eren stepped closer to her and tilted her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "Hi." he said emotionlessly.

This motherfucker is saying the same thing he said to me last time. Yi moved her chin out of his grip. Eren sighed. Of course he knew she would be mad at him but he was really hoping that she was willing to forgive him.

"Yi," he said.

She scoffed, "I don't care."

"How can you be fine with Reiner when he and I are the same?" he yelled frustratedly. Yi stayed silent. "You couldn't see the people of Paradis but they were just as innocent as the people I killed!"

"I-"

"My mother didn't deserve to die!" Eren grabbed her shoulders. "I don't deserve this burden! I don't want to kill!"

Yi looked at his eyes, they were terrified. She grabbed his face and pulled him close.

"Tell me why: my mother, my squad, Hannes, my friends! Why did they die! They didn't deserve to die!" He pulled himself out of her grip. "Every night I think about the children who watched me kill their parents! Which one will turn out like me?"

Yi pulled Eren into a tight hug, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Eren sobbed into her shoulder. Yi rubbed his back soothingly and stroked his hair with the other.

"I don't-I don't want to die!"

"You're not going to die, I won't let you." she pulled away and looked at Eren's teary eyes. Without really thinking, she planted a kiss on his lips. His lips were salty and chapped but he calmed down.

"Don't let me go." he whispered against her lips. Yi nodded her head. Eren held her tightly and buried his head in her shoulder. He had cried to make her forgive him for the time being. It was emotional manipulation at its finest:)

sorry for the late chapter was being sad again

I'm sorry I haven't been active at all lately. But I'm out of school for the summer and now I'm focusing on updating. But just a quick question, do you guys want smut? Bc I'm not good at writing it and I feel like it'll be weird but I also kinda wanna put it.