End

As I feel most people might have figured. I really have no idea where this fanfic is going and to be honest, I have no motivation to finish it. I haven't watched AOT in a really long time and I haven't been keeping up with the anime (did ya'll see that Eren figure with the schlong tho👀).

I recently read a fanfic that was literally so good but something the author said resonated with me. She said that an original character should change the story, they shouldn't just be there. And I feel like Yi was just there. Maybe I just don't know how to write a main character that's not annoying but I just really hated Yi and I was too scared to make her do something because I was afraid to see how people would react to it.

When I first started this fic I had just finished reading the most recent chapter of the manga and I was really into it. But the creativity just fizzled out and writing became more of a chore than something that I wanted to do. 

Here I am with a random fact that no one asked for but I learned in my psychology class that two types of motivation are instrinsic and extrinsic motivation. Intrinsic is when one does things for themselves because they love it. It can easily become extrinsic motivation when one starts to do it for a prize or goal. I started this fic because I love writing and I wanted to write something about AOT. It turned extrinsic when I started to pay attention to the view counts and rankings. Maybe in the future if I ever decide to rewrite this fanfic I'll make sure I have most of it written before I decide to release it.

I also had no plans for this fic and I had no idea what I was going to do. I still don't. I don't want to discontinue the fic without giving a summary of what happens in the end but to be honest, I forgot a lot of the things in AOT. So here is a short summary of how it ends:

Manga spoilers I think. What part did the anime finish on?

The scouts get the ship and when they see the wall titans Hange still sacrifices themself to buy the others a little more time. When the group finds Eren he releases all of the past titan shifters and Yi, Levi, and Gabi are on Falco's back and they do their best to fight the titans. Yi actually gets a few titan kills because she magically has those skills and she's doing great until she sees a past Female Titan that looks really familiar.

It's her mom.

She can tell by the hair and the face looks just like her. Yi jumps off of Falco without a thought because she's kind of dense and lands on her mom's shoulder.

Yi just spends a couple moments looking at her mom's face trying to remember what her voice sounds like when she's snapped back to reality. Her mom grabs her and is about to squeeze really hard but Gabi shoots at the titan which draws her attention. Yi slips out and remembers that even though the titan is her mom, her mom is dead and she kills the titan.

She gets back onto Falco and continues killing titans from a safe distance. She spots Eren and goes to talk to him because 'I can change him' and for some reason she convinces him to stop. He realizes that after a few months of knowing her he is in love with her and doesn't want to kill Qin because she is supposed to rule it.

Eren does NOT die and the Rumbling stops. However, he still uses the Founding Titan's powers to reverse everything that King Fritz did. That means no more titans and Yi no longer has a bloodlust and can now have kids. Zeke is not dead (yet). The Marleyans arrive and want to arrest Eren but get stomped on by Reiner and Annie. Eren feels incredibly guilty and a little upset because his original plan was to let his friends stop him so that they can be seen as the good guys so the war can end (I think that's how it went?? I don't remember).

But Eren is really doing bad right now and he can't help but think about all of the people that he killed so he tries to off himself but it doesn't work because he can't really reach the nape of his neck by himself.

Yi, with the help of Lady Kiyomi goes to Qin and rounds up the people. A lot of them still had hope that their true leader would come and save them and once Yi proves that she is the rightful monarch, the people bow to her.

Currently, Eren is held in a prison in Paradis and this makes the Marleyans mad because they want to kill him for killing their people. A war is about to ensue but they make a deal and promise to give the remaining Marleyan traitors: Zeke, Pieck, Gabi, and Falco back to Marley. The exchange happens and Levi, Armin, and Mikasa sneak onto the Marleyan ship and fake Pieck, Gabi, and Falco's deaths. Levi fulfills his promise to Erwin and kills Zeke.

After a few months Yi's country becomes stable and she declares that Paradis hand Eren over for his crimes against humanity. Historia accepts because she knows that Yi will not kill Eren. Yi tells her people that he is a prisoner of their country and he is given (several) therapists before he is allowed to be released. He gets released and Mikasa and Armin move to Qin and become Diplomats of Paradis.

It ends with everyone getting the mental help they need and Yi and Eren get married. Yi decides that the throne will have no heirs and that the next monarch must be elected democratically (mail in ballots are valid).

The End

But for real, thank you so much for reading this story. I do feel guilty for leaving it but I really hope you guys understand. I don't think waiting months for an update only to have a boring chapter is what anyone deserves so I think that ending it and giving the planned ending is what is best. Feel free to make your own ending in the comments or write your own fix it. Just mention that it's a fix it of this fanfic and let me know so that I can mention it for other readers.

I appreciate the fact that you all decided to read it and it's been fun reading everyone's comments. Thank you so much for supporting me!

Kayla