XIII - Attack on Titan

I was also inspired by this scene from season 6 episode 10 of Game of Thrones, it starts around the time stamp 3:45

TW: Graphic descriptions but it's aot so it's kind of expected.

But even as she closed her eyes she couldn't block out the horrible screams and cries of pain. The guards dragging her were thrown to the ground, Yi opened her eyes and instantly regretted it. A child, not much older than Gabi, cried as he was crushed by a flying piece of wood. His lower half was crushed by the beam. He spotted Yi and cried out for her to help him.

"Help me please!" he screamed. Before she could even stand to help him flying debris came crashing down on his head smashing his skull in. She was reminded of the night she killed Mr. Hansen as pieces of his skull landed near her feet. She screamed in horror as the guards grabbed her arms.

"This isn't right! We have to help them!" Yi cried. The guards and Kiyomi only ignored her as they kept running. They passed by her apartment building, or what used to be her apartment building. The top three floors were gone and a fire was taking over the remaining floors. Her neighbors were running out of it with soaked cloths over their noses, breathing in the fresh air as they made it out alive but only to be crushed by the falling rubble.

Yi didn't have much time to observe the massacre surrounding her but everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. It was as if the universe was punishing her by forcing her to see all of the pain and death caused. A baby was stomped over on the streets, all that remained was their tiny flattened body as their head was kicked off by a fleeing victim. Yi heard whining and turned her head to see a crying dog in pain as half of its body was pinned under falling debris. Before she could look again its body was engulfed in flames.

She looked away but was thrown back again as the guard carrying her left arm was struck by a piece of metal. Yi couldn't help him as the other kept dragging her but was soon met with the same fate as his partner. Kiyomi looked behind and grabbed Yi, taking over the guards' duties. The two women ran hand in hand as they fled the attack.

After running for what seemed like hours but in reality, was only a couple of minutes, the ladies reached an area  that seemed relatively untouched from the attack. Yi crouched down and threw up. After literally running for your life and seeing enough death to last ten lifetimes, she broke down. Death was something she became numb to over the years as a nurse who treated wounded soldiers. But she never saw how the soldiers became injured on the battlefield. When the soldiers arrived at the hospital they were already wrapped in bandages with a few of them already treated with proper medicine.

But she wasn't just sick from the bloodshed, she was also sick with herself. How could she think that she could change a monster like Eren Jaeger? How could she be so stupid to fall for an Eldian even when she knew that it was forbidden? How could she be so stupid to trust him when he revealed his identity to her? You should've turned him in the moment he revealed himself to you! She screamed at herself. Yi clutched her head, pulling out her delicate hairs. How could I? Why didn't I stop him? The blood was on her hands just as much as it was on Eren's.

Lady Kiyomi gently rubbed Yi's back and pulled her hair back as she threw up some more. Yi threw up until there was nothing left. And even when there was nothing left she kept heaving and gagging, but only spit and mucus left her mouth. When she was done Kiyomi offered her a tissue which she accepted.

"This is all my fault!" Yi cried as more tears streamed down her face. "All this death, all this blood, it's all-"

"Stop." Kiyomi interrupted. "This was caused by all of us."

"W-what do you mean?"

Kiyomi sighed, "A little over a year ago when Marleyan first made contact with Paradis, they were acting on orders."

"Given by whom?"

"People whose countries were conquered by Marley, but their allegiances never lied with us. They were called the Volunteers, acting under the orders of Warchief Zeke." Kiyomi answered. "He has a vision. A plan. But he couldn't do it with just his Volunteers. He needed the help of Hizuru. On Eldia there is a surplus of the iceburst stone, a stone that is very valuable in my country. So then I decided to help him.

"When the Volunteers contacted the Eldians of Paradis they revealed Zeke's plan to them which was somewhat well received there. Eren Jaeger currently possesses both the Attack Titan and the Founding Titan. Only a titan of royal blood can control the Founding Titan. And it just so happens that Zeke is one."

"Zeke is descended from the Fritz bloodline?" Yi asked.

Kiyomi nodded, "Zeke's rumbling, his plan-"

She was interrupted as a man with shoulder length gray hair and a few strands of hair one might call a beard, landed right next to them. He wore black tactical gear with a metal chestplate that had two wings crossing each other. The Wings of Freedom. Yi said in her head. She surprised herself as she didn't know how she knew what the symbol meant. But something about it comforted her. She felt safe seeing it. She dug deep in her mind to find a memory with the crest but was left with nothing.

Yi wanted to inspect it closer but she stepped back from the man. She didn't know him and he could be the enemy. But who really was the enemy? Was it Eren and his people? Or was it them, the Marleyans who had oppressed the Eldians for over two thousand years?

"My name is Jean Kirstein and Eren Jaeger sent me to collect you."

Very proud of this chapter, I hope you liked it

Chapter 139 made me mad and cry I'm not over it like what the fuck I didn't like it that much tho

you are my baka😏😫