XII - Ponytails

Listen to it

Yi didn't know what to do. Could she trust Lady Kiyomi? But she wasn't ready to be an empress. She never even knew about her blood. It was just too much information for her to handle. One day she was a normal woman and the next she was the last living descendant of an ancient royal line. But what if there really was a way to get rid of her bloodlust? And if she could have children one day?

"But Lady Kiyomi, how was the Liu bloodline continued if we were cursed to die out?" she asked. There were too many holes in both Eren and the Lady's stories. Were they both even telling the truth. But Yi shrugged off the thought of Eren lying to her. He wouldn't do that.

Lady Kiyomi smiled, "Once your bloodlust is activated you can no longer bear children, if what Eren Jaeger has told us is true, then you can no longer bear children."

"Wait, Eren told you about me?" she needed to know how they knew each other. "How do you know each other? Who are you people?" Yi backed up to the door and shoved the guards out of the way, but it was locked.

"Please calm down Ying." Kiyomi said. "We are from Hizuru and Eren is from Paradis as you already know. We, Zeke, and the people of Paradis have united together for the common good."

"Of what?!" Yi panicked.

Slight manga spoilers I think

Kiyomi smiled pitifully, "For the Zeke's rumbling of course. But you can join us and together we can unite the Hizuru and Qin land as one with you. You are the key. Zeke is a titan of royal blood and Eren possesses the Founding Titan. Together the two can reverse your blood curse. You can live a long and happy life with as many children as you want."

End

Yi thought about it. If she really could live a long life then would trusting Hizuru be worth it? As she walked back to her building she made her weekly stop at the interment zone. Looking around, she spotted Eren slumped against a wall, a trail of blood coming from his mouth.

"Eren, are you okay?" she tilted his head up. He nodded his head, "What happened?" she asked.

"Asshole soldiers," he answered. Yi cleaned up the blood and helped him stand up. She noticed he kept swatting at his hair.

"Do you need help?" she pointed to his hair. He nodded. Yi took a hair tie and bunched his hair and tied it into a ponytail. "There, now your hair won't get in the way."

"But isn't it girly?"

She scoffed, "It's not girly to tie your hair. And I think you look very handsome by the way."

Eren smiled but it soon faded, "Yi, it is probably best if we leave things here." he said abruptly.

"What?" She dropped him by accident. "What do you mean leave things here?"

Eren sighed, "I would be lying if I said that you didn't make me feel happy these past few months but we need to stop seeing each other. I am no longer a patient and you already know my secret."

"Eren...are you saying that-"

"Yes. Get out of here while you can." he ordered.

"No please don't! Look around you! These are people, innocent people who are just like your mom, innocent and ignorant of the outside world!" Yi begged. "You can't kill them. Please!"

Eren shoved her off him. "I'm sorry, but no one can come before Paradis. Not even you."

Yi sat on the ground defeated as Eren hopped away from her. She was left with no choice. She had to do something or else thousands of innocents will die. Yi picked herself up off the floor and headed to the government building where the battles were planned and discussed by the generals and titan shifters. She barged into the building but was immediately stopped by the guards.