XXIV - Limbo

The moment after Zeke screamed, chaos erupted. Thousands of military men and women instantly transformed into pure titans, forgetting their previous goals as humans and grabbing for the remaining people who hadn't drunk the wine. Marleyans and Eldians became titan food as they were all human.

Zeke ordered the nearest titan, which happened to be Falco, to kill Reiner. A boy he had watched climb the ranks to become a warrior. He didn't want to but it was for the greater good. Eren struggled to reach his brother as the Armored Titan held him back.

The Cart Titan aimed for the Beast, succeeding in targeting the nape. Mikasa and Armin cut through the Marleyan soldiers protecting the Cart but were too late. Reiner relaxed as he saw Zeke's condition. It was done. He slowly softened his nape to allow Falco to eat him. He couldn't save the people he really wanted to, but at least he could save Falco.

But another figure caught both of their attention. A man with half of his face gone, limply stood in the smoke.

"I've used up all the power to heal my body... However, I won't drop dead for nothing." he whispered.

But it was enough for Falco's mindless titan to charge at Porco. Porco surrendered himself. He was done fighting. He was ready to be with Marcel. Falco quickly snapped up the Eldian in his mouth, consuming him.

Eren used Reiner's distraction as an opportunity and hardened his body to escape. He sprinted to Zeke, knowing that his brother was barely alive. Reiner quickly recovered and chased after Eren but was prevented by Eren's friends. Zeke reached his hand out. But one loud gunshot and Eren's head was severed from his neck.

His head detached slowly for him. Time seemed to be moving at 1/16th of its usual speed. Am I dead? Am I actually dead? He wondered. He didn't know how he was still able to think but didn't have time to care. Am I going to die before I can carry out the plan? Before I can save my friends? But he accepted it. I know that Yi is dead. I can die now. The connection he once had with Yi severed the moment Porco emerged from underneath his feet. His shock wasn't from having his legs cut off, but because at that moment, he knew that Yi was no longer breathing.

I don't want to live without her and I don't want her to live without me. Both of our deaths will be in vain but at least I can see her again.

Zeke desperately reached out for his little brother's head. He grasped it tightly and the two were instantly brought into a new world.

Eren looked up at what appeared to be the sky in amazement. "Is this..." wondering if he was in the afterlife.

"-The coordinate where all paths converge." Eren looked behind him to see his brother chained down to the sand. "I think this must be where the members of the royal family who inherited the Founder came when they used its power."

"Brother."

Zeke explained what happened after he blacked out. Gabi shot his head off and now the both of them were stuck in that sort of limbo for what felt like years. It certainly looked like it. Zeke's hair now reached past his shoulders and his beard had grown longer.

But they gained the power of the Founding Titan. Their plan was not a failure. Eren felt a presence behind him and quickly turned around.

"That is Ymir the Founder." Zeke answered before he could ask.

Eren always imagined Ymir to be older, at least an adult. But she was just a child. But her eyes were missing. He never did know the full story of Ymir but knew that it would be rude to ask her how she ended up like that.

"She rebuilt half my body with this soil and brought me back to life." Zeke said. "I think that she has always been here. Molding titans from this clay everytime we sought her power."

"What are those chains?" Eren pointed to them. How could they hold Zeke down?

"These are what keep me from acting freely here. As I thought, you're the only one able to move freely here." He picked up the chains, "That makes you the only one who can command our founder."

Eren's eyes widened, all the power in the world lay in his hands at that moment. "My dream, Mr. Ksaver's dream, and your dream. Please, you must save the world."

But Eren's goals did not align with Zeke's. And he saw it in his little brother's eyes, "Tell our Founder! Tell her to give every Eldian a body that will never again be capable of creating a child! The Rumbling can wait!"

Eren stood silent, "You want me to euthanize every Eldian."

Zeke desperately looked at his half brother, "Eren..."

"There is no way I could ever go along with a plan that messed up. Sorry brother. I was just playing along so I could get here."

Zeke sobbed in horror. How could he have allowed this to happen? But his sobs turned into laughter. He had finally figured out Eren's plan. Zeke slowly stood up, "In the long span it took you to wake up I learned many things. The Founder can create anything." he grabbed at the chains and broke them, "Even these Earthen chains."

Zeke broke his restraints, "So long as I, with my Royal Blood will it." Eren's eyes widened in realization. He was a pawn in Zeke's game. Just as Ymir was a mindless slave, he was one as well. Eren looked down to see his wrists chained to the ground. Zeke grabbed his head and their foreheads touched, accessing all of the memories of their father.

This is basically just copying what happened in the manga I am unoriginal but I think I'm gonna wrap up this story soon.

Apologies for missing a week. I started work and stressing out about everything.