02 | Rat Race •

Do follow me buddies (ruhani_gupta ) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

You can also follow me on Instagram at ruhaniwrites_ for story updates, recommendations, and writing tips.

Happy reading!

**************

Aditya's Pov

Deadly Deadlines.

Stringent Timelines.

Endless Meetings.

Unmatchable Expectations.

Intolerable Pressure.

Sleepless Nights.

The words you would hear from any software programmer.

I was no different.

At least once in your lifetime, you will be struck in the quagmire of insurmountable pressure and pressing needs of the moment that will not only make you forget your passions and hobbies but also at times detest them.

You would be standing in the same place as me where you will momentarily resist the same thing you once loved.

It's ironic that despite the physical and mental exhaustion that comes free-fund with being a software programmer you will still want to stick to this profession- doing, undoing, redoing, creating, and recreating until you achieve the desired outcome.

Independence.

Ah, this word has always been my favorite for it represents liberation and flexibility.

Perhaps this explains why, even after working for three years in a reputable firm, I chose to leave my well-paying job to concentrate on freelancing in my hometown, Delhi.

Life is a race, they say.

But I strongly believe that everyone progresses at their own pace. Every single individual you know or even those you do not, has their own set of priorities, aspirations, expectations, reasons, desires, and most importantly their own pace. You cannot simply come and go ahead of the other person.

It's a clear misconception if you tend to consider yourself superior merely because of your choice of profession. Because something that you aspire to achieve at the age of thirty might be the same thing the other person desires at the age of twenty, or even forty, or maybe not at all.

Hence, entangled in the labyrinth of complex choices, I made a decision too, side passing the rat race we humans have created for ourselves.

A decision to grow slowly yet steadily, but with happiness and peace rather than running wild and running aimlessly, even so, that I am rendered breathless and lifeless by the end.