13 | First Conversations •

Do follow me buddies (ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment dear ones. It motivates your author to write more.

Happy Reading!

Riya's Pov

A jolt of surprise hit me, his question taking me off-guard for a moment.

Until now, I have never given a deep thought about it. Even in the previous two meetings, I was merely informed about the other person's expectations of me. Whether it was in terms of household chores or my responsibilities towards his family's expectations. None bothered to ask what I expected from my significant other.

A cloak of warmth cocooned my heart melting away the doubts I initially had regarding this alliance.

I peered at him through the curtain of my eyelashes, a hint of admiration unavoidable. He gazed at me, patiently awaiting my answer.

My eyes wandered across the room, finally settling over a random corner as I collected my thoughts.

"As a life partner, I want someone who prioritizes respect over ego, values over modernity, amends over grudges, intentions over words, accepting faults over excuses, we over me, fidelity over short-term distractions, compatibility over chemistry, and reality over unachievable fantasies." I let my heart loose, wording each word demurely.

My eyes found his only to catch his keen gaze fixed over me. He smiled warmly. Have I told you, he has dimples? Damn, they are beautiful.

Scurrying away the rush of emotions flooding my senses, I flickered my gaze back onto my lap,

"Someone, who is humble and down to earth but at the same time knows how to take a stand for himself and his family.

Somebody, who discards the concept of a man and woman in a relationship, rather believes in the equality of both spouses.

Somebody who trusts me enough to let me take a stand for myself whenever needed, but also stands beside me, silently assuring me of his presence.

Someone who may not earn sumptuously, but has the vision, aim, and dedication to lead a vigorous life.

Somebody mature enough to understand the intricacies of relationships but also has the playfulness and wittiness to lead a happy life.

Somebody who may not be perfect in all aspects, but does make consistent efforts to keep up a lifelong connection,

Someone who is not afraid to present his choices and viewpoints to me while still respecting my beliefs, thoughts, and perspectives.

I know, not everything can be found in a single person, but efforts matter to me the most, Aditya." My eyes kept flickering over him again and again, but not for once, I could hold his gaze for a long time. Every single time I would spare a glance at him, he would be gazing at me which would make me avert my eyes the very moment.