48 | Carnal Desires

Do follow me buddies (Ruhani_Gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcement.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment as much as you can. It genuinely motivates your author to write more.

Happy Reading! ❤️

_________________

Riya's Pov

"Water?" A hoarse whisper fell past my throat as we stepped inside the house, his fingers effortlessly intertwined with mine.

Unknowingly, his presence has begun to mess up with my senses, thus making me doubt my tiniest actions around him.

Towards the last half-an-hour of our drive, he remained unusually silent, except for the times when he would sneak intentional gazes toward me.

There was an unmistakable desire flickering in the corners of his eyes and it made me anxious that it would accentuate even at my slightest movement.

Whilst we were driving back home, I heard him curse under his breath when I unknowingly bit my lips, flustered by our moments in the parking.

Later, he exhaled a set of shaky breaths when his palms encompassed my thighs to halt the movement of my tapping feet. The soft grasp soon transformed into torturous grazes, on my upper thigh.

Then, to make matters worse, I accidentally tucked the loose strand of hair behind my ear while he quietly warned me not to test his patience.

As my gaze matched his, my stomach clenched in anticipation of the way his piercing gaze bored into mine. Those opalescent pools reflected contemplation and expectancy at the same time.

The carnal longing in his eyes forced my heart to thump in sheer madness. And, amidst the silence echoing in the hallway, I could vividly hear the sound of our frantic heartbeats, unrhythmic, uncontrolled, and unfazed.

His arms brushed against mine with each stride we went, making my throat dry. I moved toward the kitchen to get a glass of water and perhaps simply to get away from his watchful eyes since I didn't trust what I was doing in his presence.

However, my gait halted when his slender fingers enveloped mine immediately after I have turned to the other side. My lips curled inwards inward and sank between my teeth as I peered at him in oblivion. He shook his head softly and tugged me towards him, a wordless request on his part to ascend the stairs, alongside him.

My mind was in haze and an unsteady puff escaped my lips as I stood rigid in my position, too stumped to acknowledge his insinuation. But before I could make up my mind to follow his trail a step ahead, he crept into my vicinity, the whiff of his mild scent hazing my mind. His fingers suggestively aviated my arms, reaching to my nape, finally resting on my cheeks.