04 | Candidate No. 11 •

Do follow me buddies ( ruhani_gupta) so that you don't miss out on any important announcements.

Also Please do Vote (The Star Icon⭐) and Comment. It motivates your author to write more.

You can also follow me on Instagram at ruhaniwrites_ for story updates, recommendations, and writing tips.

Happy reading!

Aditya's Pov

"Are you serious?" I deadpanned, containing the urge to glare at the grown-ups.

Unfazed by my inflaming scowl, they continued eyeing me in curiosity as if I was not their son but a mummy reincarnated.

"Do you even realize this is the eleventh girl I am meeting this month?" I snarled in annoyance while my mother sat leisurely on the sofa. The slight shake of her head revealed how done she was with my blowups.

I sulked when the shake of her head didn't cease, "Kya hai."

"If for a second you had not used your overactive brain before rejecting the girls we previously met, you wouldn't have been stuck in this situation, Aditya."

Mom sighed in disbelief. The wrath rippling within her was demonstrated through the speed with which she was chopping the vegetables. The knife resumed to move supersonically over the already chopped coriander and there I knew, not only the coriander leaves but my hopes for a rescue were on the verge of dying.

My Poor Vegetables.

My sympathy towards the vegetables momentarily halted as I deciphered her words, "What did you say? I rejected them?" I gasped, pointing my index finger toward myself,

"Three girls did reject me. Me!"

I corrected her notion.

Such Ill-Taste women who couldn't even appreciate this rare beauty.

"The reason for your rejection is still unknown Adi bhai, so you might have blubbered some gibberish to them, resulting in their rejection of you," Kunal smirked sauntering inside the living room before plopping his useless bum on the sofa.

As if my mother was any less, the Almighty has graced with his divine presence as well.

"Bilkul sahi kaha, Kunal." Mom acquiesced causing offense to ripple up in every single nerve of my body.

"Yaar, Mumma!" I whined, hopelessly peering at my mother. Kunal snickered which I regally ignored.

"How come I am at fault when all these three girls wanted their husband to be either an NRI, a government employee, or a KMP in an MNC?" I remarked, reminiscing the bits of conversation I had with them. Kunal's empathetic eyes found me while Mom being Mom was still unfazed.