20 | Burgeoning Propinquity

Do follow me buddies, so that you don't miss out on any important announcement.

My longest chapter till now!🙈

Do vote and comment. It motivates your author to write more.

Happy Reading❤️

*******

Riya's Pov

The aromatic scent of myriad herbs and spices emanating from the Indian curries instantly hit my nostrils as soon as we stepped inside this cozy little restaurant, with quintessential chalet-style dining, decked with earthen tones, soft music, wood-paneled walls, and a dreamlike lighting.

The ambiance was as heartwarming as the personality of this man beside me is.

Intimate, Homey, and Comforting.

Paving our way out of the hustle and bustle of Delhites, we made our way towards the window side empty table.

Making our orders, we were patiently waiting for its arrival when my gaze randomly flickered around, and I witnessed a multitude of relationships, each reflecting a teensy-weensy glimpse of their beautiful lives.

That young college-going couple towards the left, thoroughly lost in conversing with each other that resonates novice young love.

That family of five with those two little bunnies jumping here and there engrossed in their little world with their parents patiently feeding their cute little sister resonating stability;

That elderly couple, so in love, happily cutting their anniversary cake resonating pure eternal love;

Those school-going bunch of boys and girls who probably have bunked their classes, giggling animatedly and chortling heartily at their funny jokes resonating freedom, and carefree life.

And those occasional furtive glances, shy smiles, and concealed messages to their crushes couldn't be missed, which resonated nothing but that divine feeling of first childhood love, that almost every one of us would've have experienced in our high school.

Ah! These places, these little encounters, and these diverse webs of relationships make you nostalgic and make you reminisce your times, and on the same hand builds hope for the coming future.

You can never get tired of witnessing such scenarios, because every single time your gaze darts around, you'll encounter a new story, a new perspective, a new lesson, and a new scenario.

Such as someone rudely calling for the waiters; while some politely thanking them; some patiently waiting for their orders; some admonishing their children to not do mischiefs.

Those newlyweds couples spending some quality time; while elderly couples finding time for themselves after fulfilling their lifelong responsibilities; those humorous jokes passed by a bunch of boys, their teasing sessions and their carefree laughs; those dreamy looks passed by some bunch of girls whenever they would see some handsome hunk passing by their tables, and their animated discussion about probably anything and everything in this world.

Every person you see, every conversation you witness, each teaches you and unconsciously makes you realize these little yet valuable things in life, which we generally take for granted or not put deliberate thought to.

*******

After savoring a lip-smacking Indian meal, we were walking towards our car with our stomachs full and happily satiated.

"Where are we going now?" I asked, turning towards him, to which he rubbed his neck, masking an innocent face.

"Uh, honestly I also don't know." He replied sheepishly, making me frown in confusion.