jin ling x reader 🌻࿐

Arranged marriage au

▶ Requested by - @Sophiebffg 

▶ Fluff with angst 

▶ Female reader 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I don't want to marry someone who I have never met before!" The [H/C] haired female protested. Her father scowled at her answer. "You don't have a choice [Y/N]." He said coldly. "You will met him tomorrow. It is what is best for this family. Me and your mother were also put in arranged marriage and look at us, we are happy and we have a beautiful daughter who we both love dearly." With that he walked out of the room. 

[Y/N] felt tears slip down her cheeks. Her father never loved her.. and he never loved her mother.. He lied.. 

'I.. I don't want to marry someone... I want to fall in love with someone who I've known for a while..' She cried silently as to not wake her father. 

The only thing she did know was that he was from the Jin Clan and he was said to be rude and hurtful, not carrying for anyone or anything. 

She did not wish to end up in a marriage just like her mother had. [Y/N]'s mother had been miserable up until her final breath. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

The next day [Y/N] was dressed up in the finest hanfu she owned. She did her hair, placing the hairpin in place, and did some light make up. She looked at herself in the mirror and cringed. This wasn't her. She didn't recognize the [E/C] eyes that stared back at her. 

[Y/N] let out a shaky sigh and stood, walking out of her room and met her father. 

He smiled softly, some of his wrinkles showed. He was a completely different person in the light of day. 

[Y/N] forced herself to smile happily at him. Even if it was just an act, she still loved the attention he gave her even if at the end of the day he shunned her. She just wanted to be noticed. 

They arrived and the two stepped out. Some disciples lead them to a grand room. [Y/N] couldn't help but marvel at how expensive it looked. Her father and Clan Leader Jin talked before a boy about her age walked out, he had a bow on his back. His face was slightly dirty along with his clothes. She looked at him curiously. He was kinda of cute she realized before promptly looking away, her cheeks heating up. 

"Uncle have you seen Fa..." He trailed off, realizing that there was company. He seemed almost embarrassed at how he looked. He coughed awkwardly and looked away. 

[Y/N]'s father smiled. "A-[Y/N], why don't you go and spend some time with your soon-to-be husband?" He smiled tightly, his voice told her that she had no choice. Clan Leader Jin smiled, not noticing the tension between the two. "I think that would be a great idea, me and [L/N] [F/N] had somethings to talk about in private." He turned to the boy. "A-Ling why don't you show her the gardens." The boy grumbled but started to walk out. [Y/N] quickly tried to catch up to him.