wei wuxian x jiang!reader 🥀࿐part 2

▶ Requested by - @sara_hyuuga 

▶ Angst with a fluffy endingggg 

▶ Female reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] stayed back at the Cloud Recesses during the First Siege of The Burial Mounds. She couldn't bare to be there because that's where he would be. 

[Y/N] during the Sun Shot Campaign, helped fight as much as she could but she stopped showing up as much on the front lines when Wei Wuxian returned. She couldn't bring herself to see him after the 3 months he had been missing. She, of course, was worried to death for him but.. When she finally saw him after he had returned he was.. different. He had changed. He no longer acted like his childish and playful self. He was more mature. He stopped wearing his hair in his usual high pony tail. Instead he left it down. And he no longer carried his sword. Instead he replaced it with a black flute. His eyes were no longer warm. They were cold and serious. Like he had experienced something that no one should have too. And he came with a new power. A darker power. It terrified her how much he had changed. This was no longer the man she had fallen in love with. 

There was a knock on [Y/N]'s door. She stood and walked over and opened it. 

It was Lan Xichen.

He looked sad, solemn. His smile was gone. Replaced by a frown. His white robes were dirty from mud, dust, and blood. His hair was a reck and his face was no better. He gazed at her sadly. 

"Wangji and everyone have returned.." He spoke softly, slowly. [Y/N] bit her lip. Her eyes started to tear up. She knew the only way they would return. Clearly they were all alive. Well almost all. So Wei Wuxian didn't kill them. That could only mean... 

She lowered her head, some strands of hair falling off her shoulder and into her face, hiding her eyes. Her lips trembled and her hands started to shake. 

"Is.. Lan Wangji.. okay..?" [Y/N] raised her head, tears falling freely from her eyes. 

Lan Xichen looked down. "Wangji... is.. He is being punished.. for.. protecting Wei Wuxian.." He spoke softly, nearly a whisper. 

[Y/N]'s eyes widened. "Why.. why would he protect A-Xian..?" 

"Thats.. for you to ask him..." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N], in fact, couldn't ask him. 

Lan Wangji had been sentenced to 33 whip marks and 3 years of solitude. So there was no way for her to speak to him until the three years were over unless she wanted 

So [Y/N] waited. And grieved. She had found out about Yanli's passing. They were great friends, mostly only because [Y/N] was dating Wei Wuxian.